Days of Our Lives: September 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think Tripp is pretty innocuous.  I like him now and think he's just a blandly handsome, nice guy.  He was awful for most of his early run though.  I can see how someone could dislike him.   He certainly not the most complex character and he has bounced around with about 1000 love interests lol.  If we are ranking Days characters though he would be nowhere near one of the worst characters to me. 

I agree about Wendy.  She didn't even have any qualms about helping two criminals on the run.  I know it's supposed to show she's a good girlfriend or something, but it just makes me think she's being stupid.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So I haven't read a ton of positive responses to Victor's memorial episode . . . but I really liked it.  Obviously, I would've preferred a big, splashy funeral at St. Luke's but I begrudgingly accept that the budget won't like ever allow that again (I think RC's one and only true all-cast event was Chad & Abby and Sonny & Paul's double wedding, and I have no idea how that got green-lit as recent as 2017).  Personally, what was more egregious is that they couldn't splurge for the full K mansion set for this.  We could have absolutely rotated something out for a few weeks!

So obviously, the creative decision was to weave current stories in with the memorial--I understand some may have disagreed with that approach . . . but following the set-up, I think it was incredibly successful.  And like with the cast we got, almost every beat was hit.  From Sonny and Xander mixing it up (I will never get over HIM not being Alex) to Belle consoling to Philip to Kate & Chelsea reuniting . . . almost no stone was left unturned in a lovely, subtle way.

The Chelsea rewrite is interesting... her return was random, but lovely.  I'm glad we got this instead of Ciara/"Cin."  I've never agreed with Ciara and Claire supposedly being so in touch with their K side, but Chelsea's eulogy makes much more sense considering that stupid narrative they used to shoehorn Ciara into more story.  But considering this is what they wanted, they should've included Claire to round it out and give more weight to Victor & Kate changing her paternity results, which has shockingly never been substantially acknowledged considering that was one of the very biggest stories of the 00's and both Claires were on with on with both Philips in recent years.  The Rex & Chloe scenes (which really worked) I guess were also meant to mirror Alex & Ciara's with the actor swaps I'm assuming.

Anyway, I really liked it for what it was.

• Members

I think the last big event, which involved St. Luke's as we knew it coming to an end, was the explosion in summer 2020 which was supposed to be the cliffhanger before the 2 week break for the Olympics that didn't happen. 

I'd still take Kyle Lowder back as Brady any day. There, I said it. I don't care how unpopular or popular he is.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Wow. I've never seen a character -- even a full-blown criminal played by a lousy actor -- reviled that much.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but I can't begin to understand it. Tripp is boring, but so is Wendy, yet you want her away from him LOL. But "horrific"? Uh...I don't get it.

And in what universe is Lucas Adams "unattractive and unsexy"? I guess in yours, but I want to point out that you're among a small minority who feel that way.

• Members

I don't think your opinion is that crazy especially when you literally said it was unpopular in your first post so I don't think you were looking for massive agreement here lol.  I really do think Tripp/LA is attractive, but Lucas Adams does look like a guy you could find at most college frat parties.

I find Tripp to not even be exciting enough to hate at the level you do. That being said, I also can barely watch an episode with Gladys from GH because I have a visceral hate towards a fictional character like that and that character is one of the most inconsequential on the show.  Everyone has their cross to bear.

• Members

Welcome back, Paul and Andrew!!! We’ve missed you

Now, go and save Dimitri from Leo There’s an obvious story there, especially with the ISA connection and they’d be really stupid if they didn’t run with it. 

Today was really nice and lighthearted. I didn’t expect it and I enjoyed it. The romance and the familial relationships were on full display today. Despite everything, it’s clear that this team does care about the Evans-Black family as a whole. And Colton and Jen Lilley did seem to have good sibling chemistry. 

I’m still intrigued by the Victor mystery and I’m curious to see what’ll happen. 

As for Shawn and Talia, I can’t see them as a couple but I have no problems with what happened today. Surprisingly, we didn’t see it

• Members

I also enjoyed it. Did today as well.

Although I hoped this wasn't going to happen but Johnny & Chanel are already bothering me. It's just a bit much for her to be pouring it on so thick. Oh, yeah, sure, she never stopped loving him & he is all she wants, so much repetition & reassurance from her, it just makes  me wonder if she plays games, if she is hypocritical or maybe even if she loves people being in love with her. And the reassurance alone amazes me because her POV when Allie was insecure was that it should be enough for Allie that she picked her. Anyway, I will keep on trying to like them. 

• Members

Shawn and Belle cheat on each other for sport it seems. They really should just divorce and be done with it. I’m intrigued by Shawn and Talia though.

Count me as another who hates Tripp. I don’t know why he keeps being brought back. He legit adds zero to the show. And Lucas Adams looks as bland as his acting imo.

• Members

It's ridiculous, right??  Lol.  However, it's when they're at their best it seems . . . even way back in the day with JC & KS, their first Jan breakup and makeup was really good.  Since their 2015 returns, they've been pretty boring, but they've also been so periphery.  But every time they make up (like I'm really thinking about the JPLPhilip and EJ/Jan stuff), it does feel so right.  I wish they could figure out how to effectively use them and keep them  interesting together and apart, but manage to keep them endgame.

I find Tripp totally fine.  That's all.  Lol

• Members

Honestly, I wouldn't have minded if they had done a long-term arc for these two when they actually realise that they were more in love with idea of being Shawn & Belle, star-crossed lovers from two "supercouples" (though not use that actual wording on the show, it's cringe), rather than being in love with each other. It would actually make a good storyline, but this show can't plot more than three weeks in advance it seems.

• Members

Talia, it's your first day of work, and you're already downing shots and sleeping with married men?  Get it together, sister. 

I mean, the hospital board convened in the middle of the night, just to offer you a job.  At least wait a week before you start making out with strangers in the same hotel that you planned on drugging people with your British ex-boyfriend.  Chanel is cute, but you weren't even bi-curious before you made those biscuits. Slow your roll.

• Members

-- Just goes to show what a completely awful character Talia is.

As I've said before, nothing about her screams "doctor." DAYS seems instead to have doubled down to make her ridiculous, getting her drunk and horny when she's barely given her first vaxx at the hospital. What a disaster.

-- Paul and Andrew? A very welcome return, but it also goes to the terrible tape schedule at DAYS. It's as if Ron got the feedback (loud and clear) 6+ months ago when we all loved Paul and Andrew together -- and then it took FOREVER to get them back on the canvas.

Imagine getting surprise chemistry back on the screen in 6-8 weeks instead of 6-8 months? In addition, imagine dumping a bad storyline in 6-8 weeks instead of letting it run 6+ more months.