Days: August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Leo and Dmitri are really awful people.  The whole situation is just disgusting and I didn't realize I could hate Leo more than I already did.  

The Talia/Johnny/Chanel story was interesting.

The Abe stuff was just silly.  I do think he is capable of being mayor again eventually, but why on earth did he go into this situation completely blind without knowing any current issues or people that work with him?  Also, since the only goal is to get Chanel's bakery open wouldn't it have been easier to just talk to the acting mayor about that instead?  Those reporters were especially intense with their questions considering it was a press conference with 4 people attending in the middle of the Town Square.

Did anyone else laugh when Marlena ran to Steve/Kayla's because she saw the reports about Abe's press conference on social media?  Who knew Marlena was so on top of her socials?

• Members

It really is complete with Leo making fun of the wronged party like he did with Nancy as well.  And Gwen is supposed to be his best friend.  It's gross.  It's a shame because Dmitri has potential, but he really can't go a day without sexing up LEO?  C'mon.  At least with Craig you could believe he was naive and a little stupid since it was his first same sex relationship, but there really is no world where a man like Dmitri would be obsessed with a man like Leo.   I can't even fathom any person liking Leo-male or female.  He has like 0 redeemable qualities. 

• Members

He always does

Gross really is the best word to describe both storylines. I honestly don’t know how anyone could approve garbage like this, twice now. 

Tossing someone that you claim to care about, away like trash and then going off living happily ever after, not giving a [!@#$%^&*] about them, while they’re left to pick up the pieces is really like one of the worst things you can do someone. I hate it in real life and I hate it on soaps. It’s a soap trope that needs to go the way of rapemance.

And, agreed that Dimitri’s been ruined as a character.  All this because of one writer’s ignorance 

• Members

They are obviously dumbing Gwen down, but I genuinely feel bad for her.  Leo/Dmitri are mocking Gwen's obliviousness to the situation just like Leo mocked Nancy's looks.  Gwen is a bad character and deserves comeuppance just not from Leo.  She is the only person that has stood by him and he is throwing that relationship away for good sex-not even love.  Plus, he is jeopardizing his livelihood and job for this as well.  This story is offensive to women, offensive to gay people, and basically just offensive to humans lol.  I hope Gwen goes psycho and kills Leo when she finds out. 

• Members

-- I agree with everything said here about this Leo/Dimitri/Gwen debacle. The whole thing is a nightmare in every way. And why is Leo dressed like a twink on Heartstoppers?

-- Sets alert: Another disaster. That Iceland hotel room is so ugly, so non-Scandinavian, so non-Ikea in execution that I couldn't stop looking at it. Drapes by Family Dollar.

-- Thoughts on Talia: Am I the only one who cannot see her as a doctor? There's NOTHING about this character that leads me to believe she knows what to do with a stethoscope, let alone do surgery.

• Members

Not just in Iceland; Salemites evidently have no clue how to hang drapery properly or buy the right length. Everyone's curtains are crumpled up at the floor. I think the only drapery tailored to the right length are John & Marlena's. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

They seem to have derived all the humor from today's show based on the old adage that Greenland is cold and Iceland is warm.  I get that Leo is too dumb to know this, but Gwen was also conveniently unaware.

Edited by j swift

• Members

-- Only in Salem do we get a frickin press conference with multiple "journalists" over the opening of a BAKERY. Jesus.

-- And why is Carson Boatman being so WASTED as Johnny? You get a guy this hot and you have him pining over girls who don't want him??? He should be the bad boy hitting it all over town, and maybe doing Dimitri on the side. Instead, we get him turning every girl he shows interest in either gay or bi.