DEADLINE: Days of our Lives Misconduct Investigation Against Co-EP Albert Alarr

• Members

I feel grotesque even typing this but... is there an actor in Days history who died by suicide prior to 2017? That feels like the most identifying detail in that blind.

I believe the allegations about Albert, but that blind sounds even more dramatic and dire than what we've heard from the Days set.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@jam6242 Thanks for pointing that out. I have absolutely no memory of him or his character, but that's awful on its own, and to think it was tied to Days is horrific.

Alarr didn't come onboard at Days until 2003, so I'm not sure his stint overlaps enough to know for sure, but it's truly horrible if so.

• Members

I hope so. I kinda think Peacock might encourage him. Of course, there's someone who does a popular podcast who is sure that JFP wants the job. And, of course she would. Dear God, fire & frying pan. But, Jill spends a lot of money & DAYS doesn't have it. I want Greg Meng to get back from Italy. Not that you can't make phone calls. Apparently Peter Reckell reached out to Greg Meng today. Oh, to have been a fly on the wall. It's possible he is back. On his FB page his last post - from Italy - is July 20!! 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

Yep, that’s him, and he’s the first one that came to my mind while reading that. He was 16-17 at the time he was on the show and was later arrested for selling coke out of his parents’ house. Seems he escaped from acting at around the same time. “Escaped” bc I almost said he gave up, and that doesn’t seem to be the appropriate phrase if the blind item is about him.

• Members

Agreed that the timeline of Dylan Patten's arrest and probation fits the blind item

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/06/former-days-star-sentenced-to-three-years-probation

Assuming the story is true, none of my questions really matter, but the way it was written was deliberately obtuse, especially because of the use of the term "casting couch" as both a noun and an adjective.  And because it is written with none of the sensitivity that we use in post Times-Up culture

For example, the whole paragraph about the "biggest casting couch person on the set" who is friends with an A-lister who likes drugs really confused me because are we meant to think that being a big casting couch person refers to one who demands sexual favors, or one who provides sexual favors.

The actor who "refused all casting couch advances" and was fired, "but later went on to win an Emmy", seems as if it would be simple to infer given the awards - Dylan Patton was nominated for best younger actor in 2010, then between 2011-2015 Chandler Massey won 3xs, Freddy Smith won in 2015, and James Lastovic was nominated in 2017.  True O'Brien won the younger actress Emmy in 2016.  But, even that is confusing because they reference both men and women as victims of the casting couch, which leads me to think they were saying it is systemic, because they mention "producers and writers", rather than attributed to a single terrible person.

Edited by j swift