It's Official: Katie Couric going to CBS

WTGH

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope Meredith gets the job, so she can finally get away from those 4 view !@#$%^&*]es. I hope katie does well on the evening news. Walter Kronkite was kissing her butt too much today.lol I guess CBS sent the memo to all there news shows to prop her up because they definantly need the 18-49 demograph. I was shocked to find out cbs average news viewers were 61 years of age, houston we have a problem. :lol:

• Members

Good for Katie!

I don't like The View--but I do like Meredith. I can't stand Joy or Bah-bah Wah-Wah. I have a feeling that Meredith leaving will hurt The View. Who's gonna take the place of moderating the show? Babs? :rolleyes:

• Members

I can't agree more. I'm going to have to watch and listen to annoying, rabbit-like Couric just to see Lara Logan. :angry: Looks like CBS is choosing ratings over substance. And 60 Minutes, too?! What a travesty.

Connie Chung is terrific. A Chung/Sheiffer combo would be hillarious.

• Members

OMG can you freakin IMAGINE Rosie on THE VIEW. :o:o

I am sad to see Couric go, she was the best thing ever to happen to TODAY and she is just so damn cute and likeable.

Viera will be a good replacement, but then again NO ONE can TRULY replace Couric.

I will definetly tune into the CBS Evening News to check Katie out and see how she is doing.

• Members

i think it would be perfect, given the show's mandate of different women with different points of view.

She'd be the perfect contrast to Elizabeth. The liberal lesbian mother vs. the stuck up republican !@#$%^&*].

• Members

THE VIEW will truly become a !@#$%^&*]fest once Meredith leaves. She is the anchor that pulled that show together.

I can see this going one of two directions: a) Frons axes THE VIEW and uses the station clearance for another talk show(maybe a spin-off of THE VIEW) or quite possibly another soap or B) replacing Meredith with someone who contrasts all the ladies. Rosie O'Donnell would be a controversial, but EXCELLENT choice.

You know, it's no wonder why THE VIEW felt like they had to celebrate 8,000(or however many it was) shows, instead of waiting for the ten-year anniversiary to do a retrospective. Because there may not be a tenth season for them to celebrate.

I will miss Meredith being on THE VIEW. She is one of the reasons why I continued watching that show from the beginning and why I watched the first couple seasons of MILLIONAIRE. I'll follow her to NBC, that's for sure.

Speaking of MILLIONAIRE, I wonder if Regis will be interested in hosting the syndie version. Despite the fact that Meredith has two more years on that contract, it has always been frowned upon by the game show and news industry for someone to host a reality or game show and still be affiliated with the news(ask Steve Beverly his thoughts on Julie Chen hosting BIG BROTHER every season). Without Meredith or Regis, MILLIONAIRE will probably die.

Somewhere, Ann Curry is crying in her newspaper. LOL.

OMG. Can you imagine that?! LOL. I could see Sheiffer rolling his eyes at her.

I totally miss "Eye to Eye."

• Members

I once caught an episode of The View where Rosie O'Donnell was guest co-host. Sean Hannity was a guest and you can imagine how that went. Rosie kept screaming and shouting lame anti-war rhetoric and wouldn't let him get a word in edgewise. I think it was Vierra who tried to moderate the situation but the !@#$%^&*] wouldn't shut up. Rosie's addition would make for great trainwreck TV but you'd need a stronger conservative than Elizabeth.

Archived