It's Official: Katie Couric going to CBS

WTGH

• Members

I can see star and rosie agruing the whole show, that definantly won't work. :lol: I don't even think rosie likes star, she constantly disses her about why she won't admit that she had lipo(sp.?), which is none of her business anyway. I hate star and rosie, so I hope she does take meredith's place so the show will get cancelled quicker. Meredith was the only reason I watched the view, with her gone I have no reason to ever watch again.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Apparently, Patricia Heaton is front-runner to replace Meredith on THE VIEW. And Bitsy may be the next Debbie Matenopolous...

from Page Six:

INTERESTING! I'm glad to see THE VIEW is getting a good shakeup. And I'm not a Republican, but they need a stronger voice on that show. Better arguments. Bitsy is too weak to stand up for the party. LOL.

• Members

I'd watch Heaton over Meridith ANYDAY. At least Heaton makes me laugh. Meridith can get annoying saying questions like "Final answer?" and "Are you ready to play?". I can see ratings boost for "The View" if they hire Heaton. The girl's got spunk!!! I hope she takes it.

And as for "The View" considering to hire a Latina talk show host....one word...Bravo!

I'm latino and I like to see it when they get hired. lol

• Members

Also, I disagree that Elizabeth is a stuck up Republican !@#$%^&*]. And that's an unfair stereotype, I think.

Actually, I think "The View" didn't truly BECOME the show Barbera intended it to be until Bitsy joined the show. After all, they were all cut from the same, liberal cloth before that. It was ridiculous whenever Barbera would announce what the show was about in the opening and I NEVER saw that.

Even so, I'd admit that Rosie O'Donnell would be a nice addition.

(Can't believe I just said that).

• Members

Bitsy is terrible, republican or not. She just says the most insane things and adds ZERO to the show. If they wanted a Republican, why not get Rachel Campos who was great and very republican, but articulate enough to get her points across? I really miss Lisa Ling.

I want Joy and Star to stay. Star is an annoying old cow and without her who would we bitch about?

My choice for new cohost? The Pope of Pop:

latoya015.jpg

SHE WAS THE BEST GUEST HOST THEY EVER HAD! :P

• Members

Did I miss something? All of a sudden I see the word "Heaton" and have no idea where it came from. I assume that someone here is saying Patricia Heaton is being considered? If so, that would be AWESOME. Heaton's pretty damn funny--and conservative--and again, it would more balance the scales for what Ms. Walters intended when she created the show, and not all of 'em would be liberal with the lone Bitsy. Heaton's pretty in-your-face too when them liberals down motherhood and pregnancy and everything else she holds dear. I would SO watch religiously again if they hired her.

I disagree. I've always thought of Anne as the straight news reader. I'm sure she has a personality and everything but she's not, like Kenny said, cute when bundled up. She's not going to be America's next sweetheart. And that's not to say the next cohost must be like Katie in that respect. In fact, it might be disastrous if they were to shoot for America's next sweetheart. But Anne just doesn't give off cohost vibes for me. I'm fine with Meredith. Anne is good at what she does already and I don't think it's a slap in her face just because she didn't get promoted to the first chair, so to speak.

While that's true, recent reports suggest Katie's not going to be quote, "the voice of God." In fact, that's why Les Moonves hired her. He wants to get away from that (see quote). We can expect her inject her personality and emotion in the news. We don't yet know how that's possible, but CBS and Katie Couric will change the evening news format. That's already a given.

Ooooh, now I see where you all got that info about Heaton. Okay, so here's the thing I don't get. The whole 'we-already-have-a-republican-on-the-show-so-get-rid-of-Bitsy [!@#$%^&*].' I don't get that! I mean, ALL of the women are probably Democrats except for Bitsy, the lone Republican. Why can't they have two to even the score a bit more?! It's very skewed. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

• Members

From the clips I saw of the press, Anne looked VERY uncomfortable standing next to Matt, Meredith, and Al taking pictures. I almost felt sorry for her.

How? With cooking segments and interviews with Matt Damon?!

Katie-fied Evening News may work, but I just don't see how. Your middle-America, white-bread dinosaur audiences (who, stereotypically, has a hard time dealing with gays, blacks, and women in office) will just do crosswords until WHEEL OF FORTUNE comes on. And the coveted 18-49 year olds are watching MTV, VH1, or FOX NEWS.

The point is four women with different opinions, backgrounds, and views.

Meredith wasn't always a lib when it came to issues and certain topics. Star votes Democrat, but she's a Bible-thumper. Joy is a radical agnostic/atheist liberal. Barbara is the voice of reason. Bitsy is your typical blonde, unintelligent Republican. I wouldn't say they are all libs and agree with each other all the time.

That said, I do think they are making the wise choice by replacing Bitsy if they get Patricia Heaton. Heaton will make the Conservative argument stronger on that show and will make the debates a lot more heated between Joy and(sometimes) Star, who typically lean left.

ABC Daytime is leaning more Conservative anyhow, so Patricia joining the show would be a plus for that movement.

I enjoy THE VIEW and the format of the show. No matter who joins the show, I'll look forward to watching because I know I'll be yelling at my screen right along with em.

• Members

bellcurve, I have no idea how Katie-fied CBS Evening News will play out. We just have to watch to find out. :) But obviously, there will be no cooking segments and celebrity interviews. I don't know how it will be different but we've been promised it will be different. But I agree with your demographic when you suggest who watches the news, and I think they watch it for the unemotional,"Voice of God" routine, so this should be pretty funny...

Also, about Ann, the thing about her is it's always been "Katie, Matt, Al and Ann"--even in the promos. (You know you've seen them, lol). She just belongs at the end in that song. There's no shame in that. And there's no shame in her not getting Katie's spot. She's still a respected journalist on the MOST WATCHED freakin' news program in the country and she still makes a KILLING at the end of the day, paycheck wise.

Archived