B&B July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I really wish this show could figure out how to do at least two stories an episode. I'm not opposed to all the drama about "kiss-gate" but entire episodes for days and days are taken up with this one single story. All of a sudden, it's ALL anyone who is shown can talk about. And, it's not the time limit of a 30 minute show. Many half-hour shows, including B&B, used to have 2 and sometimes 3 storylines featured in an episode. If I don't like the one story that's happening, I just tune out.

I keep waiting for the show to realize what a find they have with LSV and give him storylines worthy of his talents. The show could have developed more of a true triangle with Carter, Katie, and Bill even. You could have Quinn come back wanting to reunite with Carter, too. Those two had smoking hot chemistry. It's still perplexing they let RS go. Add Eric and Donna to the mix and you have another story you can pivot to.

And where is Zende? I'm not a Paris fan. She's always been a very flat character to me, but the actor that plays Zende is hot as hell. Surely, they can do something more with him...a model at Forrester who wants to land him and his $$$ maybe and has an agenda.

I'm not sure what they have planned for RJ. There's really nothing for him to do. It'd be great to see a group of young and hungry interns, AND not all rich ones, at Forrester. So much story could be mined from that. Maybe...finally...show a gay character! It's always been nuts that this fashion house has zero gay employees or no Latin characters even though the show takes place in LA which is over 50% Latino. What are the odds of no gay or Latin employee at Forrester really??? Perhaps Will returns, comes out of the closet, and wants to work with Forrester. Bill would hit the roof!

Maybe even have a couple of characters who do the not so glamorous part of work at Forrester...those people who work in the basement where Thorne used to be and are eager to improve their lot in life...sort of an "upstairs/downstairs." So much conflict could be written from that and would make Forrester Creations more of a complete world for the viewer.

The show really needs a shake-up...and focus on more than one story. We've seen Brooke/RIdge/Taylor and Steffy/Liam/Hope/Thomas so many times it could be the same scripts from years ago, and people play musical chairs with spouses so often none of the stories carry any weight.

It might be a controversial opinion, but to shake things up, I would kill Ridge off. This would finally free Taylor and Brooke of his baggage, and then you'd have a true shake-up at Forrester. Maybe Felicia's trouble-making son arrives....OR Jack, the child that is biologically Brooke's but was given birth to by Taylor! Talk about a conflict! He'd make a great rival for RJ. and could have some Johnathan from GL vibes about him. He could be super pissed at both Brooke and Taylor for neither one of them stepping up to be a mom and wanting both of them to pay for it.

I know as a 30 minute show we can't have a HUGE cast, but only what...10 people get regularly used. The show could easily do a cast of 25 characters (maybe some recurring for budget) to give us some much needed variety in characters AND storylines.

Just my two-cents.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

7-12

So...they did it! LOL!!! Go, Thomas!!!

That said...they suuuure are dragging the reveal that they slept together. I get it. And it's working because I am getting anxious to see everyone else find out. 

Meanwhile...what are they planning for Sheila next? It's nice to have a B story again right now, but I don't see where they can take her from here.

• Members

My God Wyatt and Liam again with the same dialogue.

So Hope is pretty much blaming Steffy for her marriage falling apart. Try again Bradley. There was zero indication of it at all. Just grasping!! I can't believe Bradley is doing this sh!t again.

• Members

I caught a minute the other day with Hope riding Thomas - only missing the Bow Chicka Mow Mow music.  She really is a whore lollllll.  But I don’t care for Steffy either, she’ll be back in Liam’s bed soon enough.  But passed by today and heard Hope say something like she is with a man who wants only her.  Lollzzz.  Good. He will love ya so much he’ll make your bones into wind chimes.  Hopefully.  

• Members

So Kelly's "premonition" was about Liam.

The dialogue between Hope and Brooke, albeit repetitive, has been spot on regarding Hope not wanting to end up like her mother.

I'm surprised Thomas just sat there while Brooke berated Hope and any possibility of a relationship with him, I would have tossed her out!