B&B July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Finally caught Monday’s episode and while I’m glad to laid down the law with Liam and moped him on the floor, a slap would’ve been the icing on the cake lol. 

And lol I’ve never forgotten about that trashy tawdry marriage of convenience between Liam and Ivy, which never made any sense because Ivy technically was a US citizen to begin with. Obviously Thudley failed government class

Please register in order to view this content

Really the show needs a Who Killed Liam? mystery with Liam being mysteriously killed. Hope and Steffy accuse each other, Finn gets mysteriously very angry at the mere mention of Liam, Bill oddly tells Wyatt he’s the only son who’s ever mattered, and Thomas is a prime suspect he is shocked when Vinny resurfaces alive and well, making Thomas wonder if Vinny did out of love . In the end the killer is revealed to be Ivy herself who never got over or forgave Liam. Everyone else is shocked but pleasantly relieved that Liam will not be an interloper in their lives anymore.

• Members

If the show kills Liam I truly believe it may survive (the show). Liam is like Nick was in 2003 to 2009... Nick worked for a bit but then he got very annoying and he sucked the air out of the show every episode. I rarely rewatch this period because of him. Liam is the same. The character lacks dept and qualities to make him a desirable man. Or at least an interesting man. So these women fighting for him has always NOT worked and seemed absurd to me. Really. Liam is so under average. He is not talented at anything... He is not particularly smart... He is not cunning or even a good business man. I will always remember him sitting with his wife commenting Brooke's love life. What a loser. One thing positive is that the actor Is cute and he looks hot... But I need more than that. Sorry. I will never rewatch anything with Liam. For me this character has been the death of the show. It symbolises that for me. He is not the main reason but he is one of them. Again I am only talking about the character. Fans of the actor don't hate on me.

• Members

This scene made me beyond nauseous. I have never despised  a soap character as much as I despise Liam. Hope should throw every single one of Liam's transgressions back in his hypocritical face. In fact she should throw him in the trash altogether.

Edited by MontyB

• Members

Anyone expecting Brad Bell to kill off Liam is delusional. That is never going to happen.

Regardless of how awful Liam is, can we talk about how psychotic Hope is??? She pants for Thomas for months, kisses him and wants to ride him in Paris, and now tells him it was a mistake? And sends Liam a dozen texts begging forgiveness?

Hope is NUTS.

• Members

That's why she and Liam deserve each other.

They deserve to be miserable together.

Bradley killing off Liam would be fantastic! It will never happen. Bradley loves Liam and Scott Clifton too much to do so.

• Members

@Soapsuds Thanks for posting those clips since I stopped watching after the Bill/Sheila/BunHead fiasco. JMW played those scenes perfectly. I'm continually impressed with her evolution and growth as an actor.

SC is the male KKL in so many ways. Liam, like Brooke, are written as insufferable characters, when they really shouldn't be.

Instead of focusing on Brooke's intelligence and her climb into society -- we got decades of Brooke's wide open heart and scandals. If not for KKL, the caricature would've never lasted this long.

Same for Liam, he came on as a savvy tech guy from a humble background and thrown into the $B insane world. So many different paths Liam could've taken. Instead, he is Ridge, but worse! I wasn't really a SC fan, but I've grown to appreciate that he has somehow keep Liam alive. I've always wonder how SC would handle if they turned Liam into a true $B Jr.