Days: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

He's always been like that though, about so many things.

I am barely plugged into Days in this era as a viewer, let alone BTS so the most I'd ever heard was that Alarr had a heavy hand and could be an ass. This doesn't surprise me though, not after Morina or Paul Rauch or I'm sure many others. And Melissa Archer's harrowing thread about some of her time at OLTL indicates to you how little we really ever know even about shows very close to us.

• Members

With DAYS' taping schedule, I can never keep up with the revolving door. I assume Linsey Godfrey is one of them. 

The one actress being told to perform a love scene by remembering how it used to be when she was young and vibrant... I want to say Arianne Zuker, but really, who knows? It could be so many getting picked on. 

• Members

How is Albert Alar still employed?

He should be fired immediately!

So horrified reading the article.

No wonder the show is so dreadful.  This explains a lot.

I'm very curious who are the actors and actresses involved. The male who got a haircut and then got fired? Really??

This soap will never improve in quality until Alar is fired.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

A fish rots from the head, and Corday is to blame for allowing Albert Alarr to continue this reign of terror for DECADES.

The article is stomach-churning, and the true story is probably even worse. I can somewhat understand (or at least see) how cast and crew members didn't speak up over the years. But now? No -- actors and crew need to speak out, especially those with agency and star power like Deidre Hall.

• Members

As I said in the thread about this news, re: why this stuff is allowed to continue for years at soaps including Y&R

Further, the little remaining 'official' soap press (and most of the online soap sites as well tbqh) have absolutely zero interest in doing anything but transcribing press releases and retaining access to the last of the soaps. It's real easy for former soap magazine staff or current online soap bloggers to show out on Twitter whenever a piece of news comes out, but where were you when you knew about it as a supposedly 'open secret' for years and said nothing while reporting on Ken's 54th Plan to Save Days?

• Members

Fully agree about the "soap press." They may as well be paid p.r. people. They report on nothing TPTB on soaps would find objectionable in any way. It's all fluff -- literally sucking up for access so they'll be liked.

Honestly, I think the soap press is worse than ANY other press in the industry. I don't think anyone has done a worse job of covering their field.

So yeah, while we're blaming Corday and Alarr, let's not forget the "soap loving soap press" that has enabled this kind of crap forever.

• Members

This is such a cycle with Corday, too. I mean, not to this degree (that we know of) -- but every Plan to Save Days is like, "I hired someone, put the show in their hands, and one day I came in from the golf course and turned on the show and it was unrecognizable! Who knew that checking in once every six months could have that result?!"