General Hospital: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Possibly resurrect Ted King's Lorenzo Alcazar. Possibly a short-term affair with Michael Easton's Hamilton Finn (to get Elizabeth away from him). I recall Tognoni & Easton being briefly paired on One Life during the very short-time I watched, and they weren't... horrible? Skye also dated Ned back in the day (would they be considered related at this point?), possibly with Taggert? Looking at the current canvas, there's not a lot of males in that general age field, so she'd either have to be paired older/younger, or the canvas would need more of that age range around...?

Another option could be Cady McClain, as one of Martin's ex-wives? It would explain her Pine Valley connection perfectly.

Please register in order to view this content

Another

Crystal Chappell, for me, is an acquired taste. Depending on the role and writing.

Edited by Liberty City

• Members

I loved TK as Alcazar (both of them).  I don't see him ever coming back though.  Finn probably would be okay.  I think Alan full on adopted a 40 year woman, so Skye and Ned aren't technically related, but I think Skye considers herself a Q.   I always thought Skye/Sonny would be interesting, but knowing RC's disdain for MB that was never in the cards. 

• Members

I would actually be good with a Jax recast.  I loved Jax, but especially when he was a bit more grey in 1996-2000 before he became the anti-Sonny.  If the character was re-booted more jaded and not the designated loser I would be into it.  I do think he is needed just because his dumb daughter is the young lead of the show.  It's not the most popular sentiment because of Ingo, but if GH was willing to take the time to really develop Jax again, which I think the show actively stopped post-Vanessa/Brenda, it would be interesting. 

• Members

I would be open to a Jax recast, too, but only if the character had a solid story and purpose this time around. I could see someone like Josef Brown, Kip Gamblin or even Sandy Winton in the role of Jax. I'm honestly surprised they split Jax/Brenda when Jax returned to boink Carly.

• Members

Agreed.  I think Drew sort of makes Jax redundant because they feel like they fill the same space even though Drew has an entirely different backstory.  CM has always felt like a very similar actor to Ingo to me.  Just likeable* hunks without a ton of depth. And you easily could have filled Jax into this corporate story better than Drew.

Jax/Brenda split when Brenda came back for the NB in 2013 and Carly overheard Brenda ask Sonny if he wanted her back.  IR had a weird cameo because I THINK there was more to the story, but he had to go film DWTS.  Unless, Jax/Brenda got back together and I missed something and broke up again when IR came back the last time.   If that's the case I might as well turn in my fan card.  But Jax was actually really brutally mean to Brenda when he dumped her in 2013 and then she went and fake slept with Michael.  I'm still not over it.

*likeable before Ingo became a Anti Vax Trumper.

• Members

Yes, those were good scenes.  It was just a very weird trajectory for Brenda as a character especially knowing Michael was a victim of sexual abuse.  But whatever, it's been a decade lol.   I'll get over it someday. 

I am always advocating a Brenda return, but it would be nice if Carly had a solid adversary these days.  Nina is practically scared of her own shadow and of losing Sonny at any moment.  It would be refreshing to see someone with confidence go toe to toe with Carly or at least someone to call her out.

• Members

Yesterday's show, Thurs. 7-20. Molly#3 on her Day#2 & guess what? I did not hate her! That's incredible progress. Molly was at Sam's as you remember & Kristina showed up at the door. When she saw Molly she tried to flee, but Sam made her come in & set the two of them to talk to each other. Turns out it was a great idea. They had a meaningful conversation & indeed made up. They were going to share ice cream when we left them. So, I'm going to just take it day by day & see how I react. 

• Members

I have been a fan of Molly since she was ten years old. That said, I no longer believe that new Molly is the same character. The actress looks older than Kate Mansi. I would prefer Molly be written out of the show until the Halley Pullos legal case is resolved.

For the second day in a row, Spencer and Trina had the most boring scenes in the episode. Nothing new is being said between them.

I like the Pentonville scene. I could go for a romance between Heather and Cyrus. I can also see a future alliance between Cyrus and Esme. Since Heather is now among the regular population in Pentonville it must be easier for her to escape, so I anticipate this to happen.

I think Sasha will be locked up in a mental hospital until Sam and Cody figure out that she was drugged. By that time, I anticipate Gladys to have wiped out Sasha's bank accounts. A penniless Sasha will have to lean on Nina and Sonny.