General Hospital: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah. That was part of his postings, so I really don't see him returning for a third stint. Recast the role with someone willing to put the time into the role.

ITA: Drew's beard needs to return. The moment the beard went bye-bye, the magic left the role, and Cameron immediately began working as Ryan "man savior" Lavery. My ideal recast⏤and I know this would be an incredible, highly unlikely reach⏤would be Bethany Joy Lenz. I feel like she & Rebecca Herbst do look alike, and it would suit them as sisters. Plus, niche casting (since Lenz replaced Rebecca Budig as Michelle on Guiding Light). And I know you wouldn't want Lucky back, but imagine it coming out Sarah and Lucky re-connected sometime during Lucky's time away from Port Charles.

And, in truth, while the 50-plus portion of the canvas is filled... it's also very limited, at the same time. What about a returned Matt Hunter? Either with Jason Cook or a recast? I would say Cody, but Lenz & Josh Kelly did date IRL, so that would be a bit... uncomfortable for them. OR... what about that part-time detective that shows up with both Dante & Chase seem to be off-duty?

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I would love to have Lucky back. I just don't feel there's a point in doing it without Jonathan after he seamlessly returned around 2010 and cemented the role again. If you can get him on some sort of VM-esque sweetheart deal, great. If not, it would have to be a very, very good recast.

I have no use for Chase or for Matt Hunter. I do think Cody serves a potential fun purpose as the fun local stud for a fling with midlife mother Liz, etc. and Mac stuff, he doesn't have to be a major character. I have other more central male leads I'd introduce, like Thomas Hardy Jr. as a doctor. And I'd probably keep Nikolas open if Tyler recovers enough.

• Members

I wanted Cody & Liz, even if for a fun, frisky time. Anything to get Dr. Creep away from her. And while I'd love for Tyler Christopher to return.... I'm also open to Adam Huss stepping back into the role. He worked well with his co-stars and commended the material given to him. Or even for Nick Stabile to step back into the role.

Jonathan Jackson seems intent on touring with his music, so if Lucky were to return in anything beyond a limited run, they would have to invest in a recast, once again. But, even if they did recast, it would receive backlash for Jackson not being in the role, again. You would need aa Greg Vaughan-level recast to make the role work.

I know, right...? It had MAGIC!

• Members

You are on the Gina Tognoni train too?  Lol.  I must not have any semblance of good acting because I don't see it.  Sarah did so little in her time in PC that you could really do anything with her.  She might be interesting with Curtis (I use that term loosely because it's Curtis).  I'd probably try with Cody or Dante.  I just see her with a cop/detective like guy for some reason.  

Too bad about Carnes.  What's Drake Hogestyn's son up to these days lol?

• Members

Oh my God. No. I wouldn't wish Curtis on any living female. It would probably be a new guy if not Action Beardo Drew, which is still my first idea.

For me, Dante would be with BLQ and then probably a new Lulu or tried out in a triangle with Brook and Annie Donely (a cop/WSB). Cody is just the B or C-tier fun stud to me. I'd invest in a lot of new younger 20s-30s male and female leads like Thomas, Christina Collins, etc. since Michael, Maxie, etc. are played out to me and I would intend to fire 50% of the cast lol.

Edited by Vee

• Members

That's fair.  

I can't see Dante with BLQ after that weird rapey stuff with AL's version.  

I would absolutely invest in new 20 to 30 something leads because Sasha, Maxie, Willow, etc aren't it.  How many kids can we give them?  Maybe Kate's Kristina will help start a better generation although everyone's sole focus in life on GH is to procreate, so probably not.

• Members

It appears he makes exotic and leather handbags in Malibu, as well as other materials, via his website here And also seems to be working in the fashion industry presently, so unless he fancies jumping back into the acting fold.... I don't see him coming back, either.

I'm holding out hope Kate Mansi's Kristina takes on the Corinthos organization, or just... dominates in something, other than looking for validation from the Davis clan. I'm interested to see if her LGBTQIA+ venture is developed more, too.

• Members

Lol!  I just browsed the website and everything appears to be sold out.  The handbags look nice, I am impressed he made and sewed them himself and he's married to slutty Maxie Danica Stewart.  I honestly don't remember him at all as Lucas, so I guess I should ask what the kid from "Liar, Liar" is doing now.  He's the last option left.

• Members

CJ Thomason? Or Justin Cooper? Because Coop works as a producer and on-air commentator at Fox Sports Radio. Hate to say it, but short of a miracle happening with either Hogestyn, Carnes and/or Trudeau returning, if Lucas comes back, the role if being recast with someone else. Long shot, but what about Justin Torkildsen (ex-Rick, The Bold and the Beautiful)?

• Members

Just get a new actor! Lord. (Although I did think CJ Thomason and Ben Hogestyn did a good job. I also remember the sixty seconds they had Evan Bonifant from OLTL and 3 Ninjas play Lucas as part of a teen scene with Robyn Richards and Lindze, IIRC - I thought that would work, but he didn't last.)

Edited by Vee