General Hospital: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That seems weird to me.  For some reason, I can't see supervillains like the Cassadines - and I see the Cassadines as supervillains - as the type to concern themselves with running actual businesses like, say, Y&R's Newman and Abbott clans.

• Members

Well tbf, like most things with this writing regime, they have been setting Portia as the next spoiler for Sprina for YEARS...since almost the moment they met. So it's not that surprising now that they are FINALLY together. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

LMAO @Vee  "How dare any of you attack my sweet summer child?!"

Please register in order to view this content

A diamond worthy line!

If the show is this boring before the writer's strike, I shudder to think what will happen when they're out of scripted episodes.  Do they already have some fi-core writers?  I wish they'd fast-forward to Victor's will reading already.  That's about the only thing interesting going on right now.  Nothing else seems to be on the horizon, either, other than if they get Tracy versus Lucy for control of Deception and Scott & Cody scamming for some diamonds, too.

I cannot believe Robert (or any man) would ever choose that annoying, dowdy Diane Miller over Holly Sutton.  I guess the real reason for it is because Emma Samms is only doing a short guest stint, but still, they could have written a more believable exit.

• Members

Lexi looks younger than her age which clearly doesn't fit the show's view of the character.

Trust me, if Eden McCoy hadn't developed into a beautiful young woman she'd be gone too. Look at Robyn Richards. And if KM hadn't grown up to be so pretty and wasn't so beloved she would have gotten the axe.

I think LA is a great actress, better than most of her peers. In fact she's the only actor that gave a remotely realistic reaction to Sonny's return from the dead, everyone else was lukewarm and dead-eyed.

• Members

They did try to replace Kimberly McCullough once, Finola put her foot down. I believe it was under Joseph Hardy’s run as EP, before Monty came back for her second  and rightfully short second run as EP.

I cannot get over how badly managed this sweeps has been.  The A story all but wrapped up when it should have run the entire month, or at least most of it.  The climax of sweeps should have been Obrecht making it back to donate just in time.

All the business stories on GH are very nebulous.  I have a much clearer understanding of companies like Jabot, Newman, Spaulding and Lewis than I ever had of ELQ.

• Members

I think RR was pretty enough, they did bring her back at least once for another couple years and gave her some teen story (and tested her with Zander). While Richards had talent I think she was either not totally equipped for bigger material or (equally likely) not physically mature enough for them to make stories work, not unlike a lot of soap kids who've been replaced including the dreaded Bechtel. (And it amazes me that the Joey/Dorian story on OLTL was originally pitched for Chris McKenna's Joey, who still looked about fourteen.)

There's also FV's (alleged) attempt to recast her with Budig during his and Ron's run.

I don't mind ELQ stories when they use the players well, even when I have little idea what ELQ does. As I've said before, the FV regime has at least made an attempt to show us more material examples of their business - the Brownstone renovation and whatever else, even the Pickle Lila horror. But I have never bought into whatever the fùck Cassadine Industries is lol. Same with "DiMera" on DAYS.

Edited by Vee

• Members

A good friend of mine who had a b-list level child acting career (think guest star on babysitter’s club) explained to me why so many “kids” are eventually recast on soaps when it comes time for them to play an adult. 

What makes a good child actor physically, is the opposite of what makes a good adult actor. For child actors, casting agents want someone smaller so they can be older in age, but play younger. That way the actor is more mature and can take direction better. You are often playing younger than your age. 

For adult/teens it’s the opposite. They want the taller/model type. So just by biology alone, you may not longer fit your role despite originating it.

Look at Kim Mc, she was a foot smaller than any other teen or romantic interest.  It’s what makes her survival on GH that much more special. 

• Members

She barely passes as human so my expectations for her are very low. Donnell seems checked out of the role completely to me. I don't get the feeling he likes any of this story. Brook Kerry is giving her all plus 10% and he's just 

Please register in order to view this content

. Taggert is more engaged in the desolation of Portia's marriage than Curtis is.