Days: April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

A new set? Looks like Chad and Stephanie were in Mexico and not Greece.

And ugh!  The Marlene scenes in her office are muffed. Sound department is out to lunch. Damn!

The Marlena and Ben 2.0 scenes are pointless.

The Bo story is terrible. They brought back Peter and Kristian for this?

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I will withhold judgment on the Alex/Marlena relationship until they have more than one episode together (although she is terrible with confidentiality which is considered the cornerstone of the therapeutic relationship).

I like the Steve/Bo interactions and how they evoke memories of their friendship/rivalry.  It made me realize that since their initial time on the show, they've been like two ships passing in the night where one would return while the other was off-screen.  So, it is fun to watch them act together again.

The John/Brady scene represents my pet peeve about DAYS scripts.  Much like the Stephanie/Tripp scene last week, it involves two people talking about a crisis, but as soon as they are done, they begin talking about their romantic status.  It's like "my stepmom just returned from the dead (for the umpteenth time) and half of the town was just drugged by a biscuit, but what really bugs me is if I should kiss this girl that I knew in high school."  The tone is just weird. 

• Members

Reading your sense of humor... it's like "looking" in a mirror. lol. 

I haven't gotten to the Talia twist yet, but I like the actress. I like the actress who plays Jada too. The writers' efforts to let us get to know new characters are severely lacking, but these two have that certain spark and are capable actresses; certainly stronger than the hair model/Onlyfans performer playing Sloane. 

• Members

Ditto. As I just wrote in another thread, if it's not Eileen making a pop-up visit (since it seems we'll never get her again long-term), then don't bother anymore. 

Jamey & Ron's writing is exactly what I'd expect: two older gay men who are out of touch with the younger generation, and so their puns, one-liners, and stereotypes are 20 years outdated. It's like they're two heterosexual males from 2003 writing a Queer As Folk fan fiction.  I just hope they're not still trying to squeeze into their old circuit gear. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

A couple more lingering thoughts about today's episode.

I like John talking to Brady about Rachel because John has a better rapport with Rachel and can help modify her behavior.  But, I still wish John would reflect on his difficulties in raising Sami to help give Brady some perspective (alternatively it would nice to hear Brady reflect on what he learned from his difficulties accepting Marlena as a stepmother, I'm certain he wasn't her favorite after he threatened Belle with getting run over by a train or whatever he did back then).  For a writing staff that is so beholden to the past, this feels like a missed opportunity.  Just like it would be fun to explore how Brady's parenting style reflects some of the poor choices that he's made with women in his past (although it is admittedly bizarre to wish for character development on a soap that deals with age reversal serums and magic biscuits).

As for the Alex/Marlena scenes, I can't help but be a little excited at how Marlena's relationship with Alex will affect her relationship with Maggie, given the rumors of behind-the-scenes drama between the two actors.  It feels like DAYS is trying to recapture the dynamic that Marlena had with Will.  But, he is her grandson, not a client, so it can't really be duplicated.

I totally don't understand the gunshot/wine fake-out.  Are we meant to think that Bo shot his gun and threw wine at the same time, that seems difficult?  Or, in Greece does throwing wine sound the same as a gunshot?

Edited by j swift

• Members

Xander/Chloe were muffled today. But I’m curious, are darts really that dangerous that they can send you to the hospital?

I guess it was good seeing Eileen Davidson, despite the atrocious disguise. But I agree with everyone here that Eileen should be the only one playing Kristen. I’m tired of Stacy’s Kristen, which is probably the biggest reason why I want Megan to win. 

And I’m sure we all know Harris is going to end up doing the right thing. He looked good today. And they’re dressing him really well. 

• Members

Today's episode was one of the shortest. 

Very few characters on.

The Tommy Banks stuff was so bad. I did have to laugh when the officer said he was uglier in person.

Harris and Fake Bo scenes were zzzzzzzzzzzz.