Days: April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It would have been much nicer if Nicole was up front with EJ in regard to Eric. There was no need for her to hide it. After all she and EJ are not in a committed relationship and its would have been great when he heard it, EJ would have said as such.  It's called character growth.

In today's world being up front and honest in terms of the type of relationship one has with one another (I mean Nicole & EJ are currently having a friends with benefits relationship) shows a level of adult maturity that would be refreshing to see on screen.

That's not to say EJ wouldn't have some reaction to it but it least he could respect Nicole's honesty. And knowing EJ he could still use her honesty and twist it around and use it to his advantage. Not just with Nicole but also with Eric and perhaps even with Sloan.

If the show took the time to really developed it correctly a Sloan/Eric/Nicole/EJ story could actually be pretty fun to watch.

Edited by darrell66

• Members

I agree.  The stakes are relatively low here for EJ/Nicole.  They aren't in a serious relationship and she could have just told him.  There were mitigating circumstances and EJ would have been mad, but Nicole is just digger herself deeper into a hole especially with Sloan being aware it happened.  At this point neither Eric/Nicole intend to rekindle their relationship, so I don't get her lying at all.  After all the times Nicole has cheated in the last year or so you would think she would learn her lesson.  I am actually annoyed at her for taking this route of secrecy again.   And let's be honest, EJ/Nicole have always been toxic and they have both done much worse to one another.  This feels like a minor blip for them

• Members

The issue with Nicole's lie is similar to my criticism of Harris's lie, there is no other logic than they did it to advance the plot.

I mean why is Nicole living with EJ in the first place?  Her divorce from Rafe seems to have been settled in record time, but didn't she get a settlement?  I know there's a housing crisis in Salem, but why didn't she get their house?

Also, she's expressed hesitation about being with EJ, then they boffed once (while under the influence, so he would get the context of what happened with Eric), and suddenly they are committed.

• Members

I remember all that. Apparently, they think that planting evidence is the worse than murder

Please register in order to view this content

The way they make him sound, you would think he was worse than Ben, Clyde and Charlie put together

That would have been smart; have Nicole confess everything but still have it cause EJ to take a darker turn. That would have been an interesting beat to play instead of having their conflict be based on just a secret.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I mean, it was Rafe's house and she cheated on him, so I can't imagine there was much hope of some settlement or her getting the house. But she's a damn executive at Basic Black! Invest in a condo instead of schlepping poor Holly from place to place.

• Members

I don't think Nicole wanted any money from Rafe.  I do think she could have gotten her old apartment back before Wendy, Shin, and Tripp took over.  

I remember not liking Tripp at all in the beginning, but I got over it and like him now.  Twitter just has some weird fans that just hate anyone who got in the way of Cin. 

• Members

LOL.  Remember the Reilly years (particularly the disappointing 2.0 era of '03-'06) when characters would literally pivot, turn their body to the side, and enjoy their flashback moment before turning back and rejoining the conversation. Jan Spears in particular comes to mind in those days. 

Agreed; especially since casual sex has been the name of the game on DAYS for quite some time now for the under 50 crowd. The stalwart supercouples of the 80's era can still play out the epic love stories and against-all-odds angst, but everyone else can sample a bit here 'n there before settling down on one conquest. 

BOGO sale at Old Navy. 

• Members

This brings me to an issue that I hope/had hoped could be alleviated once the Peacock money came in. Since so many people bounce from house to house or hotel room to hotel room, no one has any STUFF. 

That apartment that the youngsters are now sharing started out as Eric's, then went to Nicole, then Ali, and now the kiddos, with various people temporarily living there in between (Rex, Chanel, etc.) yet the furniture stays the same. Maybe they'll change up some décor (they removed Eric's adventures in Africa framed photos off the walls) but it's basically the same.

Like, who owns that couch? The kitchen table? The dishes inside the cabinet?  I point this out because it makes these marriage break-ups and relationship break-ups seem too easy-breazy when people have moved in with one another. 

Nicole had her own apartment with Eric, then on her own, then moved into Rafe's house (well, kitchen, but apparently there's a house beyond the magic hallway), and is now at Casa de DiMera, with nary an end table to call her own. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

I'm serious! No one believes me at all. And, I'm like over it already.

Look! It's cool for the brisk fall season, okay? Or, when you're making applebutter or what not. Stop it with this nonsense.

Edited by Noel

• Members

A red flag that an episode was uninspiring is when all we can talk about are the sets and the wardrobe.

But, can we discuss the Horton House? Is it an Airbnb now?  Because Jack&Jennifer and Julie&Doug only seem to live there part-time when they are not off traveling the world (or at least Boston).  Not only is it odd that Doug&Julie don't seem to own a home in Salem, but Julie circa the 1980s would not be caught dead sleeping in her grandma's guestroom.  From Bob Anderson to her penthouse suite, Julie has lived in some of the most fashionable places in Salem.  So, I doubt she would choose to live out her golden years in the same house she lived in as a teenager.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I am neutral on Doug/Julie living at the Horton house.  Your point is valid and I don't see Julie wanting to live out her life at that home, but at the same time who else should live there?  It was probably best suited for Mickey/Maggie because they always led a more humble lifestyle, but Doug/Julie are really the only characters that make sense now to live there since most of the other Hortons are dead or live out of town.  And I would say Julie is a far cry from the glam girl she once was.  Her character has changed a lot and not for the better.   She's all old-fashioned views and sensible shoes these days.