Days: April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I guess Gwen can't live there unless she reconciles with Jack&Jennifer, which doesn't seem likely (until the holidays).

Lucas could live there if/when he's ever released from prison.  Along the same lines, Will could live there but seems more reasonable to stay at the Dimera mansion since Arianna's mother lives there.  And I don't why Sarah chose to live in a rat-infested motel rather than live there.

It really highlights the lack of Hortons currently in Salem that it is such a stretch to think who should be living in one of the oldest sets on the show.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What was the point of Harris keeping the secret about Bo if it was only going to be kept for one episode? 

Oh well, I still thought it was good. I’m looking forward to the reunion scenes for Bo and Hope. And Stephanie and Kayla.

I also enjoyed John/Roman/Marlena. When was the last time Roman and Marlena had a deep scene like that?

It was nice seeing Andrew too

Please register in order to view this content

Colton played ruthless really well today with Megan. I hope he sticks around after this is over. 

He did well today. And he looked really good too

It’s crazy. The Hortons really have been decimated these last few years. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Nice cliffhanger!

It's a shame everything comes to a conclusion next week. So much wasted time. The story had potential and they wasted Kristian and Peter's return.

This was definitely tweaked by Jamey. The whole orgy talk from Andrew and Meghan wasn't needed. Andrew looked good!

The Marlena/John/Roman scenes gave me Cocoon vibes. 

Can they get WN back as Roman? JT is terrible.

• Members

I liked today's episode.  Overall very good.  I loved that cliffhanger even if I don't love the story.

@SoapsudsI often imagine Wayne playing some of these Roman scenes (especially the ones with John/Marlena like today) and think of how much better it would be with him.  I don't think John/Roman/Marlena should still be fighting after 30 years, but there should still be some tension there after everything they have been through.  Also, did John just not tell Carrie Marlena was alive?  Rude....

I like SBu as Harris a lot more than I should.  I think he is doing good work.  Although letting Hope walk into a potentially dangerous situation blind was a little weird.

There is just something missing with Chad/Stephanie.  I can't put my finger on it, but I don't really like them as a couple.  I did in the beginning, but they are kinda boring right now. 

• Members

She's bland. The actress isn't bad per se, but she also isn't... good.  Some actors have natural charisma right off the bat (i.e. Jada, Talia, in my opinion) and others don't. 

Marci Miller didn't WOW me at the beginning when she took over as Abigail, but I grew to appreciate her and her work improved and she showed more of a spark eventually. 

• Members

I hate to be mean about actors who've been around for a long time, but Jesus, that mush-mouth line delivery is so damn annoying. Are his dentures loose or what?

Have to agree. I thought there was something there when Alex was in the picture and Chad was pining for her. I saw some sexual energy there. But since they've been together, they've been "kinda boring" and worse. I'm just not feeling them at all.

Edited by ranger1rg
wrong name

• Members

Talia definitely immediately had charisma and so did both Chanels.  I think AK is a good recast of Stephanie, but at the same time Stephanie isn't the most interesting character either and she doesn't elevate the material.  Stephanie and Chad don't really have any obstacles or tension and I don't think bringing Alex back into the mix will help.

Considering JT has played Roman for over 25 years and I still imagine Wayne in the role is not a good reflection of JT's portrayal. There is an underlying history that just doesn't get played properly in certain relationships.  I don't mind him in most scenes, but scenes with Jarlena and his siblings, I miss Wayne a lot.  I think JT does fine with his onscreen kids and Kate. 

I just feel like Chad/Stephanie are just there.  They aren't awful, but there isn't anything I can say about their relationship that makes them unique or interesting.  It's just two decent, attractive actors playing a very ordinary love story. 

• Members

This is my fault, not theirs, but the entire cliffhanger was in this week's preview (if I wanted to be surprised I shouldn't look at spoilers).  But, I expected the scene to go a little further to explain the situation.

I'm a bit more conflicted about my theory that this isn't Bo.  On the one hand, they've deliberately shown that this isn't Thomas, but there's got to be some reason why Bo and Hope won't return to Salem, and if he escapes, then she has to go hunt him down at the other Kiriakis properties around the world. 

At this point, I don't see a future for Harris.  I guess there are available romantic interests.  But, why would anyone in Salem be interested in befriending the guy who terrorized the Johnsons and lied to Hope?  If we're headed toward a Stephanie/Harris pairing, I do not approve.

The high point of the episode for me was the banter between Stephanie and Chad when she questioned where he got his investigative abilities.  It was cute.  It mirrored the audience's response.  And, it is nice that she's not just gaga about every idea that he has, which makes them more like partners than when Bo&Hope were investigating crimes back in their youth. 

Edited by j swift