The Young and the Restless: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wish Nina would've knocked Jill back by reminding her of her own past with Phillip/Katherine and how she initially treated her for years. 

But the Jill Foster Abbott I know would've had been lining up to sound off on Abby hurting her grandson. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Leanna Love being in town as a busybody for the 50th Anniversary has been a nightlight of the week so far. 

Nina tearing Abby down after Amanda ripped her a new one last week was delightful to watch. And yes I agree Jill should have been in line next instead of reminding Nina of her history.

The Diane & Phyllis scenes were great, it’s been a long time coming for Phyllis. Phyllis is completely unhinged and Stafford isn’t giggling for once. 

Why the heck is this show not using a handsome hunk like Connor Floyd as Chance at all?

• Members

Tricia Cast walked right back into her role as Nina, and did not slip a beat. Wow, she has been the shot of energy we needed all week! I loved how she got Christine to crack her optimistic façade. I love her realization that she was turning into a protective mama bear, just like Jill.

I hope we get a chance to see handsome Chance in a tux, and that he gets a chance to close out his relationship with Abby on his terms.

• Members

Nina being back reminds me of the one element missing from modern day Y & R... that wrong side of track character with drive and ambition.  The last character to have any kind of spirit like that was Hilary several years ago.

Leanna being the gossip is perfect

• Members

LOL. I think I saw it mentioned about Nina slapping Stafford’s Phyllis but before that pretty sure Sharon and Phyllis had a couple go arounds as well in 2007 I think and then again later under MAB they had a catfight involving a chocolate fountain at the Chancellor Estate. 

• Members

And going back further (When Alex Donnelley and Sandra Nelson were playing Diane and Phyllis) Diane also gave Phyllis a good slap during fall 1998, when Michael got "kidnapped"

Please register in order to view this content

He came barging in all sweaty and dirty, before things got more physical of course. 

Someone should post those two slaps side by side!  (Diane slapping Phyllis) 

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

They had scenes from 98-99. I forget what initially started their rivalry. All I can think of is that Phyllis was sniffing around Michael by this point, and was jealous of Diane's closeness to him when she was fighting her divorce from Victor? 

MS and AD had only one scene in 2001. It used to be on here, unless it's saved.