2023: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

Well, Gary Tomlin (current GH director and Ficore) would be the obvious choice. My other guess would be that they rehired Michael Conforti (former GH writer and ficore) who was fired from Y&R with the writer blood bath.  But we'll know soon because they probably hired writers to work beginning in May even if the striking writers left a few months of story and scripts.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Re: Griffith.  There are (now) no more script(dialogue) writers or breakdown writers being *credited* on Y&R, but there *might* be scab writers working under Griffith.  Scab dialogue writers were usually uncredited on most of the soaps during the prior writers strike. 

Griffith fired most of the breakdown writers in February.  Whatever the remaining breakdown writer wrote before the strike began ... has now already aired, hence that bd writer is longer credited.  It's possible that bd writer is striking.   Theoretically, there could be a new uncredited scab breakdown writer, but we wouldn't know.  Or, as you said, maybe what is now airing could be Griffith doing all the breakdowns himself.

Edited by janea4old

• Administrator

No writers listed for GH today, so it looks like they're not going to list who's writing the show.  Let's see if Gary Tomlin continues to direct or not.  If we don't see his name pop up for months as a director, then we can make a guess that he's writing for the show. 

• Members

I just saw this. Carolyn Culliton told me back then in a tweet that Lorraine Broderick had retired. That's when she intimated that she & Richard might be thinking about it. 

Today was one of my random days to note all the full writing credits & see if there's been any change. Today Henry Newman was not listed. You probably already know that. 

Fri., 7-28 Henry Newman back, today's script writer

BTW, when DAYS was presented with their WGA award by Susan Lucci, Jamey & Cheryl & Lorraine were there with Ron. So, even though she had retired, she got to go to one last award presentation & party. Nice! Those people were all in pix that were tweeted. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

We’re so removed from the Golden Age of Soaps (or even the last time soaps were decent) that a lot of the most familiar names that come up are old as Methuselah. Wendy Riche being almost 80 still sort of blows my mind on a pure visceral level, but of course she is. She was almost 50 when she landed GH and that was 30 years ago. We’re all getting old.