General Hospital: December 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't understand it either. Talk about substitute dick. They completely wasted a solid introduction of Cameron Mathison who could've done anything on the canvas, and now his role on the show is basically Smiling Jason Cardboard Standee.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I actually think Carly/Drew are okay.  They have nice chemistry and LW/CM work well together, but it is a waste of a character-or bringing this particular character back.  Drew doesn't interact with Sam or Liz at all.  CM was always a strange choice for Drew to me because I don't think CM has much range.  He's just that blandly handsome and charming guy.  To me this relationship feels very similar to Carly/Jax.  In fact, CM would have been a good Jax recast if we ignore the Australian part.

• Members

I thought Cameron was introduced as Drew well, because Drew is essentially a blank slate. (A lot of it was admittedly the beard lol) The relationship with Monica, etc. also worked when revisited. I just don't feel he or LW work well together. They have made him a Jason stand-in romance-wise and that's it. They clearly are just marking time and filling space.

• Members

Also, she and Drew just went through that whole rigamarole with her parent's ashes that supposedly was going to change the character's approach to her life as a mother and partner, yet there seems to be no reflection of that incident on these recent choices.  If the stories don't build upon each other it defeats the purpose of continuing drama.

My fantasy GH writer would have Carly talk to Willow about finding peace and love after forgiving her biological mother, (just as Willow has the opportunity to do with Nina), which would allow Carly to play some mature drama, rather than just revert to being a selfish and vengeful brat.  Then, Willow could look at her own choices in her relationship with Michael.  And, that insight (which is cheap to produce) would endear her to the audience.

Edited by j swift

• Members

@carolineg tbf I want to say Carly is keeping it secret to herself because she wants to spare Willow the 'pain' of having Nina as a mother.

The REAL reason she knows good and well she's doing it is payback on Nina for Sonny and Nixon Falls. Just like Nina had a moment when she was going to go the right thing...but Cujo opened her big mouth so Nina kept secret out of spite...I believe there was a scene when she was about to tell Nina, but Nina opened her mouth so now Carly is being spiteful. 

Since her and Drew were not dating at that point, she just figured the least people who knew, the better.

ETA: I agree as well. re: Drew. Cameron was given a solid introduction and played in scenes he should be played in  with Monica, the family, all of his exes, etc. and a sexy beard to boot.

Please register in order to view this content

And all that gone down the drain for him to be Carly's next without any good introduction into them as a couple. Propping yes, development to get there NO.

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

Because Carly has to have her hands in story even when she has nothing to do and at the moment she has absolutely nothing to do (the romance with Drew is a non-starter). So she's a busybody who carries secrets for months, she runs into rooms and yells at people about things she's minimally involved in. She's a lead, like Sonny, they have no idea what to do with because they've done every fücking thing under the sun. 

• Members

I’m truly shocked that Drew and Carly are a couple. I remember when Jason came back, Sonny and Carly dropped Drew like a hot potato. I actually liked that he had moved his life completely out of their orbit after that. I also thought Drew was the love of Sam’s life after Jason so that’s odd they’re not together either.

• Members

It is odd that Drew has not gravitated more towards Sam and she is stuck in a pretty dead end romance with Dante instead.  While Drew has several possibilities for romance Carly really doesn't until she inevitably gets back with Sonny or Steve comes back.  Anyhow, I like Carly/Drew better than Sonny/Nina.

@TaoboiI figured Carly's reasoning was something like that re: Willow/Nina.  She's trying to be 'helpful' but she's just being her usual petty self lol.

I still don't know how not having any parents is better than Nina being your mother lol.   Nina's an obnoxious twit that I can't stand, but she's not evil or anything.

I wish Carly would find a new career since the Metro Court isn't hers anymore.  Carly will always be in everyone's business, but I wish she would pretend to do something substantial with her life.

• Members

Aww...Britt & Brad singing Aretha Franklin & George Michael's classic bop "I Knew You Were Waiting For Me" was the best part of the show!!  I love how Britt has had these enduring relationships, rivalries and friendships on this show.

That Demetrius character is an adorable hottie.  I wish they'd let him drop the dumb accent (and take off his shirt already!  LOL).  Was he one of Helena's hot bodyguards or is he a completely new character?

Genie Francis is aging so beautifully and gracefully.  Love that Laura's still the beating heart of GH with her siblings, son and grandchildren on the show.  I hope Nicolas does not end up dying or being written off for very long since the actor is leaving the show soon (that temporary recast was so intense and good...he should be the permanent replacement).  Nic's storyline with Esme and now Elizabeth is so soapy good.  I was hoping they'd let Liz pretend to be pregnant with Nic's baby for a bit longer and see where that went, but they shut that down quick!

Liz & Nic's long, complicated history and friendship is such a fun, promising playground for the writers to take these characters & their families (especially if they bring back Lucky further down the line).  This is probably Rebecca Herbst's best storyline in 20 years! 

Hopefully that dull relationship with Finn is finally over and he leaves town permanently instead of Nicolas or Britt.