Why did this performer leave the soap opera role?

• Members

This blog is to discuss why various performers left their various soap opera roles.  

I have wondered for years who Ernest Graves departed One Life to Live and the role that he had created, Victor Lord.   Was this his own decision (and why?), or did the show replace him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have wondered for years about Ed Bryce.    He played Bill Bauer on The Guiding Light, but, in the early 1960s, he left the show.  

(The role of Bill Bauer had been played originally by Lyle Sudrow.)    It was in 1964 that Mr. Bryce left the role and was replaced by Eugene Smith.   Then, in 1965, Mr. Bryce returned to the role and played him until Bill's death in 1983.

Mr. Bryce continued in daytime soap operas with roles on As the World Turns and Somerset.   Both roles, though, were rather minor and were probably not contract roles.   He later played Mr. Donovan #3 on Loving (a role which reunited him with Agnes Nixon).

Does anyone know why Mr. Bryce departed The Guiding Light in 1964 as Bill #2?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I am wondering why Rosemary Murphy left The Secret Storm when she did.   Mary K. Wells replaced her in the role of Nola Hollister (widow of Wilifred and mother of Laurie Hollister Stevens).  Ms. Murphy was the second actress to play Nola.  Sohe later returned to soap operas on All My Children (as Mark's mother) and Another World (as Sam's mother).

Edited by danfling

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...