YR: 50th Anniversary Promo

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I know we got quite a few classic episodes during Covid, but thinking about when GH turned 50, almost 10 years ago,  and they got that classic marathon on Soapnet, I wish they would give Y&R their own classic episode marathon...or at least release classic ones for streaming, leading up to the 50th.

• Members

Apart from Malcolm and Katherine , all the clips represented current characters.

They showed vintage Jack/Phyllis, Nick/Sharon, Lauren/Michael. The first two are obviously thought of as 'destiny' couples.

Phyllis got 2 clips...

Maybe this is one of several clips.

I'm sure that 40 yr character Paul will be absent.

• Members

It's a 20 second clip. I'm sure they'll have others. Incorporating old clips of current canvas characters has to be a big part of the promo. We'll see more with some other off-canvas characters.

I suspect we saw Shemar because he will return for at least one episode during the 50th. Unlike so many other 'stars' who ignore their soap roots, SM appreciates what Y&R did for him. Just like Julianne Moore asking to be on ATWT final season.

@dio I really do hope that VR returns in some capacity even if it's a one-off cameo - Lily dreams about her mother.