Ken Corday interview on the move to Peacock.

• Members

SOD: "Well, The Big news is that days is moving to the streaming service Peacock, Tell us everything!
Corday: It's very excting, this was baked into the last contract when we were renewed in 2021, The network always had the right to migrate the show exclusively to peacock and now they decided to do so and we're excited. The bottom line is, this is the future. Whether people believe it now or in a year or two, this is the future of first run dramatic television. Let's just hope the migration is wonderful and our loyal viewers stick with us and subscribe.

SOD: Are you concerned that people might be reluctant to watch on a different platform?
Corday: "Well, We have to find a way to make this very easy and palpable for our viewers, be it young or old, to kno ow it works, not only by subscription  but how it actually works at home on your phone and with your TV. So we'll be be doing some promos and PSAs for that. We'll have Bill Hayes and Susan Seaforth Hayes showing eachother how to access Peacock. 

SOD: What about people worried the show won't be the same?
Corday: "For starters, it's the same show You will probably be getting more show content after February of next year. Because we don't have to limit the show to 38 minutes with 22 minutes of commercial time and with the higher subscription you get no commercials So that's good, Also the brodcast quality on streaming is better than network brodcast.

SOD: What is your overal message to the viewers.
Corday: It's 2022 and the future is here. There are three certain things about life. The most precious thing about life is time. so this is happening quickly and we have to make the most of it. The most constant thing in life is change. We have to accept it and roll with it. And the most inportant thing in life is happiness. We have to make NBC happy and the viewers happy. There's trepidation because this is a big change, but it's going to be the same Days you know and love and it will be better in small ways. First longer program length come spring we will be able to say and do things that are a little bit more titliating than on brodcast it's still Days but it's not your mothers days. it changes, it's growing but in all the best ways. The network has been extremly postive and happy and are allaying any qualms I may have.

SOD: What do you say to the people who are saying Days will be cancelled?
Corday: "Yeah, it's funny how the bottom feeders grabbed the news and said "Days will be cancelled, next." It never ceases to amaze me ho, you know "If it bleeds it leads," And let's say the worst things we can say about it. This is not the end of an era, it's the beginning of another. "

Edited by Dylan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This made me laugh.  The idea of teaching a 98 year old man how to watch TV suggests that marketing has not really done their research on what are the perceived barriers to using a streaming service.  I mean read the other threads, it seems like value for dollar is a more likely impediment than a lack of understanding of technology.

On the other hand, I think these are his strongest arguments.  If you ignore the writing, acting, lighting, sets, and production values, at least the picture will be clearer and there will be more of it to watch.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Oh, sheesh. This has nothing to do with the actors as I love them dearly, but there's just something about this that rubs me the wrong way. It is what it is I suppose, but there's nothing like a good ol' fashioned tutorial to show those feeble-minded Baby Boomers and Traditionalists how to access Peacock.

Then again, maybe it'll be cute. 

Edited by Noel

• Members

Back in the day when Corday was in the press trying defend the writing of Langan, Higley, Reilly and Sheffer I use to think the soap press needed hazard pay for the way he would spin everything .

But that was a time when Corday could easily throw various writers and producers under the bus for stuff he actually rubber stamped. I believe at this point Corday is just bidding his time.

• Members

Canadian TV is a fair bit less puritanical than the US. The CBC has long maintained a far more liberal attitude towards language and nudity compared to any American channel, and as far as I know, that extends to the other networks to varying degrees as well.

• Members

This show is done.

The way this is being handled, with no fanfare, almost casually, like it's no big deal, tells you all you need to know.

If they wanted this to succeed, they would have at least given the production a head's up so that they could have adjusted the material. Instead it seems like the production found out the same time everyone else did, and as a result, any adjustment is going to happen 6 months from now. That's not going to work. 

• Members

I guess that confirms what a lot of people thought - that the two year renewal deal had a clause that would allow them to move it to Peacock. Still, you'd think they would have been able to gauge this months ago if they were going to move it and prepare better. Now any change won't be visible until February and any curiosity watchers who might tune in to see if the show has changed will be long gone by then.