Will you pay $1.99 for Peacock? Update!!! Blockbuster sale!!! Peacock at just $1.99 a month!!

Days of our lives on Peacock  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Will you pay $4.99 to watch Days of our Lives on Peacock?

• Members

you've made absolutely fair points here. there is a great convenience in being able to move TV around with you no matter where you go, or what room you are in at your convenience. I love being able to pull up an episode of days from 1996 at will on YouTube! I just wish streaming and broadcast television coexisted rather than one being a result of the collapse of the other.

Just dawning on me that with DAYS gone, NBC Daytime has finally collapsed after years of faltering behind CBS and ABC in terms of soaps especially. 

I know change happens and all that stuff but it kind of sucks. Never did I imagine about 12-13 years ago that broadcast television would cave like this. it's amazing how cable was the next big thing and just fell to streaming so quickly.

Edited by ironlion

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

Personally, I feel the title for the poll is incorrect. You're not paying $4.99 to watch Days on Peacock. That's the price for Peacock itself. It should have been "Will you pay a monthly subscription for Peacock?"? Similarly, I think polls should be created for the other streamers as well just to see if people are willing to pay for any of them.

Currently, I pay for Netflix + DVD (it's a legacy account), Prime Video (via annual Prime plan), Hulu+Live TV, Paramount+ (student discount rate), Disney+ and HBO Max (free via legacy AT&T wireless service). I have a free Peacock account which I've been unwilling to upgrade. Yes, it's five bucks but until now I've yet to be given a reason to subscribe.

• Members

I wouldn't pay $4.99 for Peacock. I could possibly switch to Xfinity if I wanted to and get Peacock for free with ads. I own my own routers and cable modem, so I would need to see if the modems I have are "accepted" or "doable" by Xfinity. However, I'm fine with my internet company, and I'm in no dire need to switch over because of a television show. No. 

No. No. No.

I'll download DAYS episodes if torrents are available and that's that. 

Yes, I do pay for streaming services (Paramount +; Prime Video). Paramount + fits me better if that makes any sense as a viewer. As for Peacock, the premium stuff they offer for movies, I already have. Their shows, for the most part, don't seem as appealing as compared to the television shows that Paramount + offers. But, that's just me. Call it $5 a month or whatever, but Peacock needs a lot of help trying to gain subscribers.

• Members

If Peacock can offer what Disney+ can offer (which frankly, no one else can), then it will continue to be a challenge as it currently is for Netflix, HBO Max and Discovery+, etc.

In other words, every streaming service needs to find their own version of the MCU and they’ll be sitting pretty.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Honestly, I don't know the DAYS viewer base to be honest. I keep thinkihng about the 18-34 year-old demographic as well as 35+. Does the baby boomer or traditionalist generation watch DAYS religiously? What about socioeconomic status? I can only imagine a traditionalist or a baby boomer who have watch DAYS for 25+ years to find out that "their show" is no longer on NBC. In order to watch it, they would have to pay for it by subscribing to Peacock for $4.99 plus tax a month. Sure, they don't fit the key demographic as 18-34 year-olds are considered to be especially valuable to advertisers, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how this turns out. However, if the majority of DAYS viewers pertain to a lower socioeconomic status, then I don't see a potential gain for Peacock

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Or $19.99 for 12 months, which will cover DAYS *final* season (hopefully not).

Considering what other streaming services are charging, that's a great deal. 80% of homes subscribe to at least 1 streaming service. All these people complaining that they don't know how to use streaming - well, they sure know how to use the internet to post on boards. That's what makes the whole Doug & Julie showing how to stream a bit ridiculous. Millions of older Americans already use streaming regularly. And the ones that are 65+ have never mattered financially to the networks aka advertising so losing them is really losing nothing. However, gaining a few subscriptions from older folks is $$$.

Is this great? No. It's not much different than when the NCAA Football Championship is shown on ESPN.