Will you pay $1.99 for Peacock? Update!!! Blockbuster sale!!! Peacock at just $1.99 a month!!

Days of our lives on Peacock  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Will you pay $4.99 to watch Days of our Lives on Peacock?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

indeed! this always happens here in Brazil for an example, we Have Globoplay a Brazilian answer to Netflix, because it belongs to a TV Station we have accesse to several of it's Telenovelas from way back in the 1970's! and when it stopped only charging a modical tax it had major backlash but i understood why, they were retoring TV Shows over 40 years old, turning some old ones already on the arquives into HD QUality, adding some international shows, I'm watching Buffy The Vampire Slayer for the first time there for example, with the minus they're taking centuries to deliver the dubbed episodes though, but i think it's natural people dislike paying more despite improvement, what is making me angry is they're moving a 57 year old show to streaming just to force fans to subscribe to Peacock Premium and risking the show for some pennys because they don't even want to improve the show for that, they want people to pay the same cheap show they're getting on TV

• Members

Amen!

It's kind of insulting to ask longtime fans to now pay for a poorly written show operating on a shoestring budget, that was free when it was better quality.

As much as I love soaps, some of them have been begging for cancelation they way they've been written and presented in the past 17-20 years. 

Edited by ironlion

• Members

They dug their own grave by not listening to their show's fans and let their egos/smart a$$ attitude rule.

Why hasn't Ron Carlivati said anything yet? Instead they had their director Scott McKinsey make a statement above the cancellation/move.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I've been subscribed to Peacock from day one just because I wanted to watch Days commercial free. Then I noticed their original programming is really strong so I've stuck around. I actually haven't watched Days in a few months, but I'm hopeful they do add classic episodes

• Members

I'm a big Astros baseball fan. They are currently playing on Peacock. A lot of Houston Astros fans thought the game was being played on the regular channel. They are throwing fits and saying they aren't paying $4.99 to watch the game. That's just for one time. No more Astros games are scheduled on Peacock.

Days is in deep trouble!

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Peacock might not be tremendous, but it’s much better than some people here give it credit for.

There’s more original programming all the time, and a big library of NBC and Bravo shows. There are sporting events. There are complete series runs of shows like Downton Abbey.

I get it gratis because my cable is Xfinity/Comcast, but I’d pay the $4.99 if I didn’t.

• Members

I think at a time where the country is likely headed towards another economic recession and where inflation is already problematic, shelling out an extra $4.99 a month doesn't look too appetizing for the average person. From the very sparse research that's been done on daytime audiences, they tend to be: (1). Older and thus less likely to purchase a streaming subscription or (2). Working/lower income, meaning every dollar counts for their wellbeing or they may not see adding yet another streaming subscription as necessary. 

If NBC/Peacock has the intention that DAYS is somehow going to create insane demand for that streaming service, that doesn't seem like a sound business strategy. We'll see of course. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

And from what I just saw, the person who wrote the original tweet is Canadian and will be unaffected (at least directly) by the decision to move to Peacock.

The daytime soaps industry needs to admit that a large section of their daily viewers are likely retirees on fixed incomes. The reality is that the US doesn’t have as generous a social safety net as Canada and many people have had to keep a tighter rein on their pocketbooks and wallets. 
If this person is so fixed on everybody chipping in to subscribe to Peacock’s paid tier, why doesn’t she start a Go Fund Me account to raise money and gift some subscriptions? Otherwise, she needs to mind her own business (which is free, by the way) and see to her own plans.

Soap fans can really be unproductive. Musing on soap specific message boards is one thing but sending trash takes onto internationally known microblogging social media sites is another thing altogether. 

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

ITA with you and @ironlion but I understand how times have changed just as my own life and viewing habits have changed. As someone who used to be home all day when AMC and OLTL were still around (posting daily at SON), who is now someone who often works six days a week, twelve hour days at that, I have found comfort in creating my own viewing routine out of necessity. I’ve been watching DOOL on Peacock and B&B on Paramount for months now, typically late at night as I eat dinner and get ready for bed. Add Judy Justice on FreeTV to the list. I’m watching DOOL live as I type this because I’m off on Mondays and too tired to run errands lol. But I do feel for people who can’t work streaming platforms into their budgets and will be missing their story airing 5x/week at 1pm. Not to sound selfish at all, but programs airing during daytime hours are simply no longer of use to me unless I can watch them elsewhere at night or on the weekends. I could invest in an expensive DVR package, but I know good and well shows would just pile up unwatched when I find it so simple to watch on my iPad that I can tote into the bathroom when I’m showering or shaving. It sucks to have to pay, but at least there is the option. This is much better than cancellation which would put so many people out of work.