General Hospital: August 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Hahaha at the pic.

And while I've behind, I was happy to see that Trina did get cleared. It does feel like it has been forever, but I agree that that has allowed people to get used to the recast and even root for her.

Speaking of behind...pun unintended...

8-5

Where do I even begin?

I cannot begin to tell you how much I rewinded that slap Ava gave Esme. Thank you so much for the headsup. That was some Ava stuff for sure. Not so Ava...her being unnerved by the parapet fall. The Ava who shot Connie in cold blood would have been plotting from the word 'go' to be sure it was not traced back to her. And needed NO men to help her cover up. But I guess I could blame it on that happening right behind her finding out Nik slept with Esme, but still...

And it's nice to see Sasha's breakdown continue. Honestly I was bored with it...and her acting during the destruction of the man's car left much to be desired. But seeing how Sasha's breakdown is causing drama for Deception AND Brando (welcome back, Martin!) in the form of him having to do tough love on her Britney Spears style (too soon?) has been somewhat interesting.

Shut up, Joss!!! lol. Love how the Rory/Trina/Spencer triangle has developed by the reveal that Spencer finally told everyone he was Trina's alibi and he was working to expose Esme the whole time. Loving the shifting in the dynamic as he appears to lose his freedom...for now. And it's nice to see the Portia hating Nik coming back into play.

I am not going to like Alexis/Chase's Dad so stop it. lol.

And mmmmmm at Chase in the pool at the start of 8-5. Still enjoying him and Brooklyn, but this plot does need to move along. I feel like we have been having them circling each other for a while. Same with Trina and Spencer...but they at least have a shifting dynamic. 

And don't get me started on Liz's storyline being hijacked by Finn. 

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I feel the same. And while I am sure Harmony and Alexis had some forced scenes (definitely some forced dialogue), these scenes Alexis has with the dad just come across sooooo forced they are like nails on a chalkboard when they are on screen together. I think they have only had one that came across as organic for me. 

• Members

It is obscene that the Trina frame-up nonsense has been going since March lol.

It is clear the writing is there for Spencer and Trina, but I don't trust Frank Valentini when it comes to non-white characters, ever. He still operates from a mindset of 'don't upset the white grandmas' from 2010. I feel like they've strung this out for as long as humanly possible as he struggles to find any way to put the Black girl with someone else and find another white chick for Spencer. I hope I'm wrong. Either way, TA remains gold as she's been since her first day.

Edited by Vee

• Members

OK, I know Cody hasn't been confirmed to be Scott's son, but if he is, that would be the fourth kid that Scott found out about as an adult; which seems like some sort of Stefano-level achievement.

Besides Serena, he's met Karen, Franco, and Logan (all RIP), which seems odd because Scott isn't that much of a mess that four different women would never reveal to him that they were pregnant.

Come to think of it, maybe Serena should stay out of town, things don't tend to end well for Scotty's kids.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I think that today's show was solid overall. I was glad to see Spencer finally admit that he's in love with Trina to Cam and Joss. I thought it was romantic and soapy how he decided to keep it to himself because he believes Trina would be happier with Rory. Speaking of Rory/Trina, I enjoyed their scenes as well. He does make Trina happy and I'm fine with them being together for the time being, though I'm also looking forward to when she finally finds out about Spencer's feelings. I always figured he would become her boyfriend first and I don't have a problem with it.

I see her getting closer to him/settled in a relationship and then Spencer finally telling her how he feels which will create more soapy/angst for this triangle. I do hope that Spencer manages not to go Pentonville for the whole three months, or if he does if he can get some visits from Trina. Maybe she will visit him once the truth about her paternity comes out and will confide in him then. That could bring them closer together/help them repair their friendship and create angst for her and Rory/this triangle. 

I do wonder about Dex and his past. I wonder how much he is really lying about. I am liking the actor/character so far. 

Also, I am enjoying TJ/Willow together. It's nice to see them bonding while he's helping her cope with her diagnosis. I like their chemistry together.

Edited by xtr