B&B July 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

When Carter kissed Quinn right in front of Paris, it was such a dick move.  I do like Quinn/Carter better than Paris/Carter, but that scene and their reunion just didn't feel right with me, mainly because it was so rushed.  Quinn finding out about Eric/Donna and reuniting with Carter happened in just 2 episodes. 

• Toups pinned this topic
  • Members

I agree wholeheartedly. Paris is a non-character. The writers has failed to give her ANY personality traits at all, and the actress doesn't really add any personality of her own to her scenes. Paris always seems like she is half asleep in her scenes, reciting lines like "I am so incredibly happy" in a tone of complete indifference and with a bored look on her face.

And everything we do know about her falls into the "telling, not showing" category. We hear about her great work with the Forrester foundation off screen, but never see her actually do anything. We have people singing her praises and are left scratching our heads at how and when all these supposedly fantastic qualities actually manifest themselves.

The writing is what it is, but Paris might have had a chance to work as a character with a more bubbly, high-energy portrayal. Instead, Paris almost reminds me of one of those human-looking AIs.

• Members

Sasha did have the potential to be show's next conniving bitch. And let's not forget the story with her mother who seemed to be suffering from schizophrenia could've been told. Though I would've loved if she was integrated onto the canvas more i.e., Thomas, Liam etc., but we know Brad has the attention span of a gnat when it comes to characters not being Liam, Hope, Steffy, Brooke and Ridge. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Zende is shamelessly SIMPing over Paris.

The so-called love between Quinn and Carter has been poorly developed all that has been displayed is lust. I give them till December. We see how fast things went downhill for Finn and Steffy. Paris struggled to convey devastation in her scenes.

Love seeing multiple storylines per episode! The Sheila Mike flashbacks were a good touch. Mike gives me Dr Tim Reid vibes.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

You're so right -- Zende is a SIMP and worse. I cannot believe how pathetic he was when seeing Paris after the wedding dump. He has no self-respect, and neither does Paris, frankly. She should have smacked Carter herself.

I have NO idea why Quinn and Carter are in love, but only that they're hot for each other. They're a joke, and you're right that they won't last a year.

The Mike flashbacks were good, except that once again we had a man who looks like a complete fool. Sheila has treated him like CRAP and he still commits felonies for her.

I thought the same thing -- no tears at all, along with close to a complete lack of emotion. Lousy acting.

Speaking of no tears, let me know when Sheila sheds one.

So on point with all of this. This long buildup...and then done in 2 frickin episodes. Jesus, what awful writing. That Quinn/Carter kiss in front of Paris was pathetic, although you'd never know it by looking at Paris, who NEVER shows any real emotion. She's like Barbie's friend on Trazadone.

The Carter/Quinn reunion was completely rushed, with no real discussion as to the impact of what they've done. I can't root for either of them.

And Donna? You mean no one is going to give her hell for breaking up a marriage? Or will she just disappear again for 4 months?

• Members

Is this a new Zende? He is hot. He reminds me of a young Ben Powers. 

Wasn't Paris mom against her marrying Carter because she wanted Carter for herself? Why the slap?

Please register in order to view this content

The Shelia and Mike flashbacks were very nice to see again. 

Why are they dumbing down Shelia? She acts like she doesn't know what equipment Li setup for Finn recovery. Wasn't she once a nurse?

And yes has Kimberlin Brown forgot how to cry on camera? Her scene as Finn flatlines was bad.

Oh and was Finn flatlining or about to throw up? Bad acting!

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Paris is one of those TV charachters where they try to hard to be fashionable they end up looking tacky. Zoey on blackish does this sometimes when she tries too hard. and she's a good looking woman they just don't dress right... unless that's the actresses' choice?

Edited by ironlion