Y&R/B&B/GL Vault Updates

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've been in the downloading world for a very longtime.

So the best way to upload footage right now is to use VK.com (russian) or youku.com (chinese). They are both free. Neither are US based, so they don't have to abide by DMCA takedowns, neither are popular sites in the US and neither can be easily found through search engines. You additionally have to make an account just to even get to VK, so it is very secure. Neither have storage limits either.

Other ways to do this are:

- Torrents, which are a great way to just upload a pile of shows at once and keep them online forever

- Privately listed youtube videos which cannot be found unless you have the link. The link can also be encrypted, making it harder to find.

- Megaupload where you can upload a whole folder of shows and people can't access it unless they have the link

I would also strongly suggest to use a 64 decoder to encrypt video links. Then you can post links to episodes right in the open and it'll look like gibberish to outsiders. Let's say I want to encode www.google.com. If you go to this website https://www.base64decode.org/ and type in d3d3Lmdvb2dsZS5jb20= then press decode, it will give you www.google.com.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by SoapAnon

• Members

Thanks, this is good information. I wasn't aware of some of these options like the decoders. I usually do unlisted YouTube playlists  which are great, unless YouTube has an automatic content block that catches the upload.

I've wanted to register at VK but felt hesitant about giving my phone number. Are there American soap groups there? I've also seen people sharing on other Russian sites like ok.ru, yandex, and rutube.

What I think is so unique about the Vault is the collaborative effort. With YouTube or MegaUpload, as far as I know it's just one person putting up their collection and then others can share that link. The Vault is great because anybody could upload to it and don't even have to register. I have a registered account there and sometimes people would see my email address and email me. I got to know some very nice people that way, and even convinced them to upload things there since it's so easy to do. And it's all in one place organized into folders with huge storage capacity instead of having multiple links to different playlists, etc. Such an innovative idea from @ChickenNuggetz92!

• Members

I haven't had any issues with VK. There doesn't seem to be much soap opera stuff here, but I think there is 0 chance it ever gets removed.  ok.ru is also good.

VK has community groups where you could invite people in and everyone could share videos on the wall, then someone could organize them into a playlist. I would also  suggest having people upload stuff then have them paste the link onto a google sheets document since multiple people can edit it but as always, the more open the access is, the more likely it is that people start sharing it and then CBS/ABC/NBC become aware of it and try to get it removed.

Facebook shockingly has a ton of soap opera groups.

Edited by SoapAnon

• Members

If you type in the phrase "soap operas" on Ebay, there's a bunch of people selling vhs tapes with soaps on them. There's no dates or really any information at all on some of these and they are very expensive for the price, but there may be some eps that aren't out there on them.

Edited by SoapAnon

• Members

Hi everyone!

After a few hiccups here and there, I am happy to say the current iteration of the B&B Vault is now LIVE! I have updated the link on the first post but it's also available below:

https://bit.ly/3N9cSkw

I'm deciding on one change however, and that is no longer offering the option to register users into the Vault. It's very time consuming for me to keep a contact list of people, and then transfer them over between locations when Vault locations need to be moved. Unless there is a really good reason to (such as taking the initiative to re-organize/rename files), it is not necessary as anybody can upload files as guests.

90% of issues around accessing the Vault can be resolved by ensuring you are using Incognito Mode (Chrome) or Private Browsing Mode (Safari).

Thank you all for your patience and may the uploading once again begin! Hopefully this is the last time I have to do this for a while haha.