Y&R May 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think almost everything in the interior has changed except the jukebox.  The tables are definitely new and not those old ones with the fringe.  Also the walls are different in the main room.  I don't think they've changed much on the patio.

• Members

That dumb robot and the eyes on the wall are still there?

Speaking of the patio, I've always wondered how people come and go through that gate. So you can just just leave w/o paying or is it counter service only?

Does CL just serve coffee and pastries/cakes? No meals? Does it close late afternoon?

It would more useful if it opened later and maybe did casual dinner. More opportunity for characters to be there.

Crimson Lights set Young and Restless

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

I don’t think Imani hasn’t even been developed or fleshed out yet until this past week when she’s finally been allowed to show some sass. So far she’s been pretty Jo I written and portrayed as Amanda’s perfect sister with very little to do. In any case it’s a much needed shot in the arm for a very boring couple since becoming official. 

Speaking of sets is the ChanceCom set gone too? I though @Paul Raven would say something about it but it is just silly that Devon, Billy and Nate had a very important intense conference at a card table in Devon’s den with a baby upstairs napping lol. 

• Members

I wish they did show more of the backbone she had when she first appeared. I find the actress a little unripe but she pops off the screen, and she’d be so much further along if they’d given her more to do (instead of the goofy, comic-relief run-ins with Nate/Elena at Society).

I admit I laughed when Elena yelled, “Guys, I’m right here!” in her fantasy as Imani was beckoning Nate to the shower.

• Members

Chance,com  office was a stripped down version of Dark Horse, Mal Young's creation that was going to turn Nick into a major business player. Josh Griffin returned and quickly dropped it with some nonsense about Nick losing it.

JM said he liked the Dark Horse story. Now Nick 'runs' New Hope with no office and no story.

They really should have everyone working for Newman (not the media division) and Jabot.

yr-2-855x570.jpg

yr-3-855x570.jpg

(Sonja Flemming/CBS)

yr-4-855x570.jpg

(Sonja Flemming/CBS)

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members
I’d rather they spend money on extras than on updating Crimson Lights. There’s never anyone there except business people who wouldn’t have to leave their offices for coffee. The same goes for Society. It’s empty. The Grand Phoenix? Barren of customers. Compare that to GH. The pool set will quickly become overused to the point where it’s laughable,but today the place was FILLED with extras, making it all so much more realistic.

• Members

They should spread her more across the canvas too. She shouldn't be just tied solely to the black characters. I would have her form unlikely friendships with both Adam and Sally. Maybe Michael could mentor her in the legal profession? I just don't want Imani just to exist in one realm. 

• Members

Thank you!!! 

When Hilary was introduced, she appeared meek, but there was a hint of maybe being cunning. And then that blogger storyline was going down as well. She played total vixen.

When Imani was introduced, she was anything but meek. She and MM had fire from GO and she had an intriguing edge that you wanted to know why she was that way. And you wanted to know the mystery of why she was so hard on Amanda and why she said this had happened before. Oh? Howso? And then she had her own money, too? She did not back down to Amanda at all. And she was upfront versus Hilary sneaking around at first. 

I was sorry that they appeared to turn Imani into some Pollyanna since her introduction story so I'm VERY happy they are letting her come out to play.

Hardly a copy. 

This, too. Her vibe when she was introduced just felt ripe for being in other parts of the canvas as well. 

• Members

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The only reason they don't bring back Hilary is to keep the Black storylines in their place. They know it would bringing her back the delicate balance of mediocrity, but they still want something 'like' Hilary so now you have this chick I don't care about.

• Members

And before Hilary, this was the same thing with bringing Dru back as well. That is clear.

What is funny and also sad...thanks to Diane coming back from the dead...it is now totally possible to bring Hilary back...something that was a rarity on this show. 

But...the times they are a-changing.

• Members

I like Summer’s dress but the fit and that huge green belt…yech. NuSummer reminded me a touch of vintage Rebecca Romijn today.

Phyllis is pathetic. Glad the show is writing her in character.

Edited by Faulkner