General Hospital: May 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

You know, I wondered if we were going to hear anything from him after, “Pwetty pwlease Bwitt”

Please register in order to view this content

I guess this means that last year, Frank finally woke up and realized that a Spencer recast was long overdue. I wasn’t sure lol 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Not really. Neither of them are synonymous with their roles, or particularly stirring young actors. Violet is obnoxious and needn't exist at all. Leo is more winning because of the adorable, sweet kid and his IRL parallel with the character, but Leo is also a baby that didn't need to exist. Robin and Lucky were lightning in a bottle. People said all these things about Bechtel a few years ago - I'm sure Frank never wanted to recast - but he couldn't hack it and he didn't grow enough. Talent aside, just in terms of maturity it happened to Chris McKenna on OLTL, or Jesse McCartney, who I always wanted back as J.R. on AMC (and would today if it somehow came back - bless him, he has visibly aged enough to make that plausible), and it can happen to anyone.

Just an actor growing up in a part =/= Robin and Lucky. I'd welcome giving Sweda that chance to see if he can, but none of those other young kids on the show have distinguished themselves on GH so far nearly as much as anyone mentioned from the past. The only exception and close comparison is Hudson West as Jake. He's been more talented than half the under-30 cast for years, and they barely use him.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Absolutely,  it’s rare for child actors to be amazing as children and adults and those are the only two I can think of from GH. I know they attempted Lucky recasts but there’s a reason people are still asking JJ to come back on all his Insta posts, now a solid 12 years after his reprisal. 

Original Spencer was annoying and NC is fantastic so far. 

• Members

I agree.  Also people like Finola and Tristan also protected KMc and kept at least one recast at bay for Robin.  Plus Robin and Lucky were not just there for the sake of kids being there.  They were on all the time and had lots of scenes as kids.  I know the same little girl had played BJ for a long time when she was killed, but it wasn’t the same as Robin.  That is part of why them having her be HIV+ was such a shock.  This was Robin Scorpio we were talking about, not since Laura had the show had such an important  younger lead. And I’m not saying people all loved her- they didn’t and don’t.  But her place on the show was important.

• Members

It's ridiculous. He and his mom have a history of being extra, but he's like 15. Aging soap fans don't need to ride herd stanning for Chavez over that little boy. Touch grass.

Edited by Vee