Josh Griffith interview from SOD: a whole new YR

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Exactly. Nick does nothing and hasn’t had a successful pairing in years yet isn’t disposable. Ditto Billy, who is an albatross who’s been relegated to podcasting as a story, yet isn’t disposable. Adam was “dead” and is playing the same old stories, yet isn’t disposable. They are thirsting to get back Michael Mealor as Kyle. They let Noah mope around the canvas for a year with no love interest (except creeping on a lesbian) and yet he’s not disposable.

They say they want to have a “new beginning” and rebuild the Abbotts (sans Ashley and Traci full time). You’re telling me Jack’s oldest son has no value to the show alive, when he could easily be paired with Sharon, Chelsea, Victoria (post-Ashland), even as a spoiler for Amanda/Devon, the list goes on?

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

There is a way that Keemo would have added even more complexity if Allie was torn between loyalty to her father and wanting to build a relationship with Jack. There was no need to kill Keemo, who didn't even need to be onscreen to present a conflict.

Also, WTH does putting Nate in a suit have to do with the building of three corporate centers. Does Josh even know that Nate is a Hastings? 

I guess he chooses to conveniently forget that there was ever a Barber family. SMH 

• Members

That could've been the story with Allie being torn with the father she loves and the grandfather and family she wants to get to know. I was hoping they were going to have Allie become a schemer, but I know that was asking for too much. Keemo didn't have to die for this happen at all. 

Nate should still be a doctor like his mother. That would be like Olivia going to work for Newman as an executive. Makes no sense! We saw for years Olivia in her office at the hospital. 

I wish they would actually get back into actual corporate stories again with Jabot vs. Newman or what if Hamilton-Winters decided to do a natural black hair care line and Jabot decides to rival them a nod to Tuvia vs. Safra back in the day. But nope we get PowerPoint Presentations and buzz words instead. 

• Members

The thought of Allie's motives in wanting to get closer to the Abbott family, namely Jack, being suspicious was the first thing I thought of when I read about this character. I can't believe they are not writing it this way! Those are some of the most interesting kinds of characters on soaps, especially a Bell soap, which this soap seems to barely resemble anymore.

It would give Allie some agency as a character, if viewers weren't quite sure of her motives, at least at first. Give her an air of mystery. 

And I think it would have been so much better to keep Keemo just within close range. 

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

These shows are so timid that there’s no way that the Asian outsider to the Abbott family would have been a schemer. Although it would have been more interesting if Diane had manipulated her more beforehand. Allie certainly could have been more of a grey character. Right now, it seems like they’re going in the direction of bland do-gooder.

• Members

Alden laid the groundwork for that. She had Jill drinking a lot and right when Jill dumped Sean she had this great scene where Jill says she doesn't want to be some old woman whose trying to be with a man she can't keep, then reaches for a decanter, withdraws her hands, looks in that gilded mirror in the Chancellor living room, and cries.

It was only after LML that this bizarre 'St. Katherine of the Boardroom' character emerged and Katherine was now depicted as some savvy businesswoman when she was really a bored, vengeful socialite. 

It's very bizarre writing. You won't convince me that Natalie Minardi Slater or Janice Ferri Esser wouldn't like to take a crack as HW. 

• Members

Lola 2.0 is not needed.  Allie needs to at least be ambitious. Have her bond with Ashley in the lab and strive to create new products; bond with Traci over loss.  She doesn't have to be a troublemaker, but let her POV be heard. It's not hard (for most) to write a character being multi-dimensional.

As for Noah, I still say his best story could be sexually and drug addicted as a rich kid just going drinking/clubbing. Waking up in complicated situations with people of both sexes-- trying to maintain his "good guy " image with his family.

• Members

Allie told Jack that she is busy studying, working on getting her master's degree in chemical engineering.  Jack tells her Keemo worked in the lab with Ashley. Allie replies she had no idea and "I'm not going to hit you up for a job when I graduate". She seems sincerely surprised.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I think making the first younger Asian-American female lead this show has ever had(?) a schemer against the whites would be a bad look. She should be given the same heroine push as her white peers. But yes, Keemo should turn up alive. And other siblings.