GH: New Character on Contract?

• Members

Actually I truly feel this story would have happened no matter who was playing Trina. Maybe Sydney knew where Trina was heading & knew  she couldnt commit to Trina and Give College 100%. So she chose college and GH recast with Tabyana

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

the fight in the interrogation room where Spencer didn't believe Trina seemed very hilarious and out of place given the circumstances Trina has literally been one of the few people that were not going in on Esme (except for recently) to the detriment of her relationship with Joss and Trina has NEVER done something like this or schemed at all and is CONSTANTLY getting on Spencer's case for breaking the law, so yeah... just based on Spencer's own experience with Trina, Spencer's take is VERY shoehorned to put them at odds/create drama.  

and the turn this story took to pull in the older cast members and especially Esme/Nicolas doesn't seem plotted out. It's like they JUST thought of the turn this story would take. 

Please register in order to view this content

yeah, they def would not be doing this story in this same way if the OG actress was still there. lol 

• Members

Actually it made sense for Spencer

He thought Esme may be pregnant and was probably thinking that he was gonna be tied to her and didnt want her to be guilty of the video. I doubt he believes Trina did but was just mixed up

Yes his reasoning to Trina was Dumb but those scenes would have happened with Sydney in the role too

And Nikolas has been a dumb ass since he returned in 2019

• Members

I’m willing to give the actress more time to develop, I thought she was very strong playing angry at Spencer opposite NC (who played that scene with Spencer’s f-boi qualities hyped to the max). I did see some sparks of chemistry there too and I hope they let that develop. I would like to see more of Trina’s spunk, but the actress plays her as very sweet. It took a while for NC to find his footing too. Between Brooke and Maura, Tabyana has some great actresses to take her under their wings. 

I can’t tell though if the show will just abandon Sprina now. 

• Members

Ali clearly has chemistry with Chavez, so I think if they do that then it's what they wanted to do all along.

FV tends to keep notably non-white POC off to the side on his shows as supporting players. It's not as though they hadn't already kept Spencer and Trina's storyline on the looooong slow burn for almost a year until the recast despite a vociferous fanbase - none of this started with Ali and the recast. Trina has been marginalized for a long time. To me it reads that the show realized what they had in NC and fan response to him, and questioned whether they wanted to 'stick him' with a Black female. This happens all the time in the racist daytime soaps.

I think it's too soon to know, though. This may be just another romantic obstacle for the pairing that they are taking very slowly and cautiously, in part, again, due to institutional racism in the industry re: interracial stories, and due to fear of bigoted fans. Or it may be the beginning of a pivot. There's no way to tell yet. But if it happens it can't be blamed on the recast, who is IMO at the very least technically superior to Mikayla already.

Edited by Vee