The Spin Off Thread

• Members

Stephanie Hodge? Lord I mostly remember her from that strange and creepy WB sitcom Unhappily Ever After which started off as a Married with Children rip-off until the husband had a psychotic break and started talking to a rabbit doll every episode. It was surreal to say the least lol. I don’t know what she has done since. 

I forgot Warfield was even on Empty Nest; her character was pointless too.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Berfield has a kid but is very private re: any family, though I have heard he is in fact allegedly married to a woman and not gay as was rumored for aeons.

But yes, Unhappily Ever After - so creepy.

Edited by Vee

• Members

IIRC, Stephanie Hodge's character on "Unhappily Ever After" was killed off at one point, then brought back as a ghost, then retconned into not being dead after all, then written out altogether.

It was a strange little show.

I'll admit that I suffered through all three seasons of "Nurses," largely hoping that it would finally -- FINALLY -- get its' you-know-what together.  Alas.

• Members

You know your career's going nowhere when you land a role on a series starring Jennifer Love Hewitt.  (Which is why I STILL nominate her former, on-screen husband, David Conrad, for a Phillip Chancellor recast on Y&R, lol.)

UEA was like DARK SHADOWS: the longer it went on, the more bizarre it became.

• Members

A CBS midseason pickup of a cancelled NBC show eventually lead to an entire franchise.

NBC cancelled JAG in May 1996 after one season and CBS picked it up as a midseason replacement in January 1997. NCIS was spun off in September 2003, and the rest is history. 

• Members

Good point. I was thinking more along the lines of In the Heat of the Night, Unsolved Mysteries, Family Matters, Step by Step, Hogan Family etc. Not to mention other failed spin-offs ie Golden Palace, 704 Hauser, Bob, and that Delta Burke show.

I think there was another show CBS did pick up too from anther network and some success with it as well but for the life of me I can’t remember at the moment what show it was.