General Hospital March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Jeff Webber abusing Liz would feel a lot like what they almost did with Rick/Laura.  It just seems like something awful to do to a character that hasn't been on in years.  Jeff can be a deadbeat dad, but let's not make him an abuser 30-40 years after the fact.

• Members

Jordan #3 is the worst of all the Jordans. She is terrible (turrible!!) and it's not like the character has ever had much of a personality, even with poor Vinessa Antoine. 

The Black folks on this show are largely there to fill a space. Trina is the exception and even she is increasingly kept in a corner. I'll believe that will change when I see it. The popular original actor is leaving and she and her popular leading man still have not even kissed. Curtis, Jordan, Portia and poor Taggert have no real storyline of import. Portia is the only one I would keep of those four adults, and I'd keep Real Andrews around on recurring. But there have to be actual Black characters with investment, stature and key story. Right now everything with the grown folks is just a reheated, slightly less transparent version of what Y&R does with the Winters hive.

• Members

Jordan Number 3 MIGHT be nothing. So far, I IMHO see some presence and hints of the other two. I said what I said. 

As far as the black cast, I couldn't tell you what happened. I felt like they had a lot more going on right before Jordan #2 was written out. I do agree that they are not doing nearly as much now as they were doing then with them. And I also agree yes to more Taggert.

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

I don't think Eden McCoy is terrible, but she's average at best. She did a decent job with those scenes with Benard's kid and William Lipton the other day. She is the temp that stayed because she filled Frank's shallow physical and ethnic requirements for a teen star, and she should not be leading this part of the canvas. Lipton is very good, while Sydney Mikayla and Nicholas Chavez both have their green moments but have a ton of charisma and likability. But Joss is the center because Joss is in the Starr Manning/Kristen Alderson mold.

They need to de-emphasize Joss and then work on a recast for the long term, or at least start playing Joss as the selfish rich girl - I think McCoy could play some of that. And I would play an actual triangle or quad with Cam and Spencer and evil Esme for a little while, since the actual pairing of Spencer and Trina is moving at a snail's pace as is, but that's me. It all depends on how the new girl works out.

Jordan #3 makes them all look like Richard Burton, though. And Willow - I don't understand.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Genuine question, not a rhetorical one: has there ever been a soap teen scene where everyone was on-point?
I have always feel even the ones we remember fondly generally were really one or two very talented or very charismatic performers pulling upward a bunch of weaker, more green actors with the help of good writing and chemistry,
But I am sure there are exceptions to my vague theory.