Characters: The Aborted & The Wasted

• Members

Rafe Kovich Jr. (General Hospital)- For the summer of 2013 he was going to be part of the teen quad with Molly/TJ/Taylor who was later fostered by Silas and Sam. It seemed they wanted to play up his Barrington legacy when Alexis had brought up his pedigree to Diane but it never anywhere else. Then they killed him off in a car accident and his heart went to Alice. 

Taylor DuBois (General Hospital) - Felix's teenage sister who was eventually recast she was the spoiler in the TJ/Molly story. She just disappeared and never mentioned again along with Felix who we hardly see anymore. She was blackmailing Felix about him not telling their parents he was gay too. 

Shauna Nelson - (The Young and The Restless) - Hilary and Devon took her in as their "pseudo foster child" she dated Charlie and knew Lily had run that red light that killed Hilary. It seemed like they were planning to do more with her, Mattie, and Charlie until TPTB were like "Nope" and they sent her off to live in Colorado. I remember wanting her aunt to come to town to become romantically linked to Neil before KSJ's death. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Daytime

Y&R Casey Reed, Nikki's sister why they never really tried using her after the 1980's? except for visiting dying Nikki in 1998 we never saw her again and it's kinda unfair that while she initially had her own storyline she became Just Nikki's Older Sister

PrimeTime

Cassandra Morrel, i could see so many opportunities for Alexis' Sister, I don't blame the Actress for leaving

• Members

They never knew what to do with Casey.  She never had much of anything to do, going all the way back to her debut in 1978.  She had great chemistry with David Hasselhoff as Snapper, but Bill Bell didn't wanna break-up Snapper & Chris, so that just left her as Nikki's Older Sister.   

• Members

if it happened, at least Chris and Casey would get a Memorable turn, Except for Marrying Snapper i don't think they ever gave much of anything for her to do (except was she the sister that got raped?) and during the 1984 return of The Brooks Sisters what he poor girl was? the ugly sister that had to ask Maestro to take her to her chair while the others Got Guys taking them right away, and Casey was just Nikki's sister a Waste of 2 Good Actresses

• Members

It didn't help that Karen Lynn Gorney was bad during that '95 return. I rewatched that period a year, maybe 18 months ago, and I was shocked by how unpleasant that performance was to watch. There would have been no point in reviving the Tara/Erica feud because KLG wouldn't have been able to hold her own.

Frankie is interesting because the problems with giving him an identity weren't just contained to AMC; Loving and The City had the same problem trying to figure out who he was, what made him tick, and giving him meaningful things to do.

I'd also add Charlie Brent as a character who didn't live up to his potential. His existence drove so much story in the show's early run, but by the time he was an adolescent/grown up, the show could never seem to settle on who it wanted him to be. He was an earnest kid who wanted to become a doctor, then he came back as a caddish player (taking over for the absent Tad, I suppose), then came back again and became a PI (taking over for Tad, again). By the time he left for good, he didn't even really get a send off. He and Cecily walked out of their wedding reception and then just... went away.

• Members

I felt bad for KLG and she tried to get back on AMC all the up to Prospect Park's 2013 Season

KLG was 50 going on 51 when Kelsey was introduced in 1995. Kelsey was 16. No reason to make her look older. Tara would have been 34 when Kelsey was Born. 

• Members

Agree.

On the one hand, it's hard to say Maria Roberts (OLTL) was "aborted" or "wasted," because, God knows, she was written and played to the hilt.  But, on the other hand, I can't help but wonder how much MORE havoc she could have wreaked in Llanview, had she not gone full-tilt-boogie crazy.  (For instance, what if she had managed to get her hooks into Asa as another means of making Clint and Viki's lives hell?)

Yeah, it's sad how KLG basically sabotaged herself with that awful performance.  Like @John said, she wanted so badly to come back to the show; but when she finally did, her desperation seemed to work against her.

In retrospect, it might have been better to bring back Nancy Frangione instead, or even recast once more (again, I would have chosen Sharon Gabet).

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I did not know that! I like her talent, and really enjoy her in the little bit of what's available on Youtube.

@Khan Yes, I did enjoy it! I still feel bad for Beth, that most have been hard for her to miss out on playing Liza only for them to recast 6 months later. And missing out on playing Patty on Y&R for AMC. I do agree with you and Vee that she should have kept her feelings to herself until she left the show.

I guess You're right about Frankie. I wish they found something that worked for him. I didn't see much story for him in the same profession of his mother. He needed to be interested into things that had him in conflict with his parents, I would have loved for him to dislike cops or being a supporter of David's when Angie and Jake were beefing with him.  He even could've got a job on New beginnings with his film making background! 

The problem the show had with Charlie Brent is the same problem they make with every MARTIN, they focus too much on them all being do-gooders and being Doctors (YAWN). The Martin's desperately needed a true bad seed. 

Frankie and Charlie suffered the same problems.

Edited by DemetriKane