ARTICLE: DELETED SCENE: John and Marlena Discuss Recent Events on ‘Days of our Lives’

Errol

• Webmaster
Drake Hogestyn, Deidre Hall, John Black, Marlena Evans, Days of our Lives, DAYS, DOOL, #DAYS, #DOOL

Usually, when a scene from a TV series or a movie is cut for time fans only get to see the missing clip when it’s part of a DVD/Blu-ray release of a film or a full season box set, and for the most part, neither of those opportunities are available when it comes to the daytime soaps. So, what a surprise it was when “Days of our Lives” released a deleted scene on Friday via its YouTube channel which features the characters John Black and Marlena Evans (Drake Hogestyn and Deidre Hall) having a conversation about recent events.

Cutting Room Floor, Days of our Lives, DAYS, DOOL, #DAYS, #DOOL
Courtesy of NBC

As you’ll recall, Marlena was possessed by the devil. After her family came together to help her overcome the devil’s hold, love won out and Marlena was saved as her son, Father Eric Brady (Greg Vaughan), led the family in performing an exorcism. And with that, in our cut scene, Marlena speaks with John about how grateful she was to have her family around during her time of need to which John tells her, “Doc, you’ve been there for every single one of us. I think it was a perfect time for us to finally be there for you.” An emotional Marlena then talks about how Eric just recommitted his vows to the priesthood only to find his first act back was to help his mother. “You know, I think he is so at peace being a priest,” she says of her son.

John and Marlena later discuss the news that EJ (Dan Feuerriegel) was behind Sami’s (Alison Sweeney) kidnapping. “How could EJ dare to kidnap her and hide her away from her family, from her friends. Maybe this time, that man has gone too far,” Marlena says of her son-in-law. Too bad neither she, John nor most of Salem knows the truth – Lucas (Bryan Dattilo) was behind Sami’s kidnapping, not EJ – as John’s response is filled with a bit of irony. “I definitely know somebody who’s waiting in the wings,” John tells Marlena of Lucas. “He’s been pining away for Sami ever since the both of them came back here to Salem. Who knows, maybe he’ll get his wish and finally get her back for good.”

Watch the scene below to see if the show made the right decision in placing it on the cutting room floor.

Note: The scene above was originally cut from the Monday, January 3 episode. 

Click here to subscribe to the official “Days of our Lives” YouTube channel and make sure to click the bell icon to be notified of all channel uploads.

Note: The post DELETED SCENE: John and Marlena Discuss Recent Events on ‘Days of our Lives’ appeared first on the Soap Opera Network website.

Read More

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I guess I shouldn't ask why TPTB cut that scene?  I mean: no, it wasn't the most well-written or well-acted scene ever; and if you're gonna HAVE a scene that's just two people sitting on a couch, you should do more with them than just have them recap.  (Sorry, Ronny C., you really should've known better, lol.)

But, the fact that THAT scene gets cut and NOT the 122nd one about JoDevil fencing, plotting with his dead grandpa's portrait or generally getting moist about Gabi, says so much about why this genre is being lowered into the ground while the remaining fans throw roses on its' casket.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I know, but what I'm saying is, there were OTHER scenes that could have been cut "for time," but probably weren't, because TPTB felt those scenes were more "compelling."

Exactly.  We don't need another scene of Ben and Ciara sitting on a bed, being all lovey-dovey with the bun in her oven, and totally ignoring the fact that neither has a damn job to support the little brat-to-be.  They're even LESS important to this show than that scene upthread with John and Marlena.

• Members

There's at least two other scenes coming per this playlist.

I hope they can at least start uploading classic clips too soon. I don't hold out for full episodes though, but these cut scenes plus clips could be a nice money spinner for them. The John/Marlena scene already has 12k views and the Abby/Xander scene 7k.

To be fair, I wonder if some of these scenes are specifically shot in case they run a bit short since it's much harder to go back and shoot more scenes once you start cutting the episodes. Both the John/Marlena and Abby/Xander scenes have a recap function and doesn't serve to further plots.

I'd assume they feel like the Ben/Ciara scenes satisfy some female segment of the audience, at a guess.

Edited by te.