B&B December 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I am so impressed with Krista Allen's portrayal of Taylor. Her take on the character is so relaxed and easy going, she has really taken the character into a natural direction that was missing the last few times the character has been on canvas. 

I enjoy Brooke and Deacon together...but whew those flashbacks are rough on KKL because her amount of filler use is evident: she's added a lot of volume to her face that looks unnatural. 

Meanwhile, Kimberlin Brown looks great, like the scheming Sheila of the 90s, all because she's done very little. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Do they not know what to do with Paris? Hot for Zende, Finn, Thomas, now Carter, all in a very short time span. The men fawning over her is silly too.

Douglas is going to blurt out he saw grandma kissing Santa Claus!

Edited by clubkidjeff

• Members

12-24

OMG!!! Taylor got Steffy to invite Sheila to X-mas??? Lord...

You all are right. KB has really been playing these nuances with her character. The best villains are the ones who still seem human and make you feel for them. And she is doing that with Sheila so far. Though I can't wait for her to get to scheming.

And I continue to enjoy the tension that Deacon (who is looking foine in his visit with Hope) brings to Ridge and Brooke. But I am enjoying his bonding with Hope. Again...villains and their humanity.

Mmmmm...Carter...

• Members

I loved the sequences of Sheila switching the labels with the classical music playing. Gave me Fatal Attraction vibes.

Sabotaging someone’s sobriety is no laughing matter, but KKL had me chuckling the way she played Brooke’s utter satisfaction with her “non-alcoholic champagne” (a term I’ve never heard in all my years of imbibing, I guess I always called the stuff sparkling cider). KKL looked great in that pink off the shoulder ensemble btw.

Zende is what the kids these days call a simp. 

• Members

12-30

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo....!!!!

And THIS is why we love it when characters are not recast. It allows the soap to bring back awesome flashbacks!!! And those Brooke/Deacon flashback. Woof!!! 

But this week has been great. And this episode was great from start to finish for me. The camera direction of Sheila drinking and quick cut to Brooke drinking. The right building music. And the angles of Thomas's kid seeing Grandma kissing Santa (not know who it is). Just oooooo and juicy.

And the B plot with Zende/Paris/Carter was pretty good to me, too. All the times I've read B&B messages here and one thing discussed often was that the young folk stopped acting like young folk and wanting to be single and ACTING like it. So Paris's discussion was on point and so true. Usually people on here get married every other week so respect for her putting it out there. Though would she had Carter not said anything? And good to see Carter is STILL getting play after all the play he got this year.

• Members

That would be crazy for sure  if they play that beat.

God, yes. I totally agree. Starting a bit of Monday's episode and watching Brooke unraveling (and the camera angles with it) was hilariously great. Couldn't take my eyes off her. 

• Members

I know people hate Brooke with a passion but you can't deny she is a compelling character.
As much as I think the latest predictable twist was lazy, the show is better for her not being just Hope's cheerleader.

I really really really really want Bridget to visit when all of this come out. There is so much baggage there; B&B has mined the past very well these recent weeks so let's do full-bore soap here.

And, yes, something must have happened at B&B behind the scenes in the past couple of months. Everything, including production values, is on the upswing.
It has led to a handful of things being weirdly abruptly dropped (Finn/Paris, Carter/Katie) but let's hope it lasts