B&B December 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

It is all the more stupid since HT went through different hairstyles, including a shorter one with no problem.
I was more thrown-off when she showed up as a blonde in one of her last returns!
But I sort of get that they didn't want it to feel too jarring. They just should have invested in a better wig.

That particular line is a weird rewriting of history BUT we have to accept that what Taylor is now is not what she was in the 90s.
There is no need to trash the character: the character has been behaving like trash for the past fifteen years. It was a disgrace when it started but by now there is too much baggage that is cannon for us to really complain when other characters point it out.
What's good for the Brooke goose is good for the Taylor gander. She did kill Darla when drunk, she did sleep with Rick - meaning she has slept with more Forrester men than Brooke has - and so on.
That's not a retcon by a writer with an agenda. That's what happened and that's what the character is now.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What you don’t remember 2004 when Brooke was begging an underage Thomas to stop sleeping with Amber while attempting to bond with those awful teenage identical twins who played Steffy and Phoebe with helping them with their trigonometry homework?

Please register in order to view this content

KA’s first day wasn’t bad at all, although the cliffhanger with Ridge and Taylor was extremely forced. 

• Members

I love the new Taylor. I think the chemistry with Brooke will be off the charts... She is giving me Erica Kane vibes.

But yes.. this wig looks like it was dispatched in amazon 5 hours ago. Freshen that bangs up... looks ew.

• Members

I like Krista as Taylor although that might change. I'm looking forward to her scenes with Katherine/Brooke. If their sparring and bantering aren't brimming with good adversarial chemistry this triangle really won't work. I wasn't a fan of Ronn Moss' acting style so I don't mind that they're revisiting this triangle with 2 of the 3 actors being recasts.

I hope they didn't bring Taylor back to be a foil or worse.

The wig... a truly awful one. There are so many women wearing wigs and weaves that looks good. Hell I've seen better ones from SNL after a changeover.

You'd rather sleep with a mop than with me.

Gotta hurt Sheila. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ She's been begging Deacon to sleep with her. Reeks of desperation. Had he said yes she might have mounted him right there at the bar.

Krista is 50. Jacqueline is 34. Seem more like sisters although Krista did a good job being motherly.

Not sure about the bangs but Annika (Hope) would look much better blonde.

• Members

Same. I would have actually been pissed if they had tried it with the OGs - time to move on.

With different actors AND different shades of the characters - Ridge is not RM's Ridge and I suspect KA is trying to embrace modern degenerate Taylor rather than the Saint Taylor of the initial triangle - it could be fun-ish.

I will say this though: even plastic surgery that has better results than HT's still is distracting to me.

• Members

Well, that wig wasn't too bad. lol.

I am glad I tuned in.  I thought KA did a good job and wardrobe definitely dressed her like Taylor. Sidenote...I LOVE what Steffy had on, but I always had a thing for berets. 

And SHEEEEILA. hehe.

I saw potential in just this episode. I wonder how it will last though. 

• Members

I watched out of curiosity. KA was fine but I realized I don't care about this show at all anymore. Before Tylo deleted her Twitter, one of her last interactions with fans was her basically saying she had no interest in returning and playing yet another round of that triangle. Hilarious that they are already hinting that is where this is going right out the gate. I don't care that Ridge and Taylor are played by different actors I don't see a thing fresh about 60 year old characters doing the same merry go round they did almost 30 years ago (but again to be fair I just flat out don't like this show). Good luck and Godspeed Krista 

I have no idea why they had her wear that ugly and cheap looking wig, it was a mess. 

Edited by Vizion

• Members

LOL. At least it's better than when a recent official Y&R video talked about "the return of Chase" or something. 

I don't like the new Taylor at all (which is not an endorsement of Tylo, trust me). Krista Allen is coming off as Steffy's girlfriend, not mother. They look the same age. That can be worked around with good acting (never had an issue with John McCook as a patriach), but she's not acting motherly. There's no gravitas. When she talks about how Steffy had to deal with Sheila, she acts like Sheila is some annoying woman from high school, not the woman who caused the great trauma of shooting her and causing her to be away from her children during their formative years. Taylor was a more serious person, although her character was ruined by the end. 

I love the father/daughter chemistry between Deacon and Hope. The fighting scenes were fun. We never get to see characters do somewhat normal things like that. I actually thought they were going to have Ridge walk in and think Brooke or Hope was being attacked by Deacon. Hoping eventually Deacon gets to bust a move on Ridge, haha.

I like Sheila being a creepy sexual predator too. She's done it before with James. It's in character and I love Deacon's wtf reactions.

Edited by BoldRestless