Days of Our Lives: December 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh, God, are we really gonna get excited about who the devil might possess next!?

I hated this storyline when JER was writing it, and I hate it even more now, because at least Jim Reilly took it (somewhat) more seriously than Club Kid Ron Carlivati does.  Stories about demonic possession have no business appearing on DAYS -- and frankly, I'm with Robin Strasser and Jane Elliot.  I think actors, writers, producers and directors in general need to be a little more careful about what they bring into people's homes.  Because, this [!@#$%^&*] is something you don't mess with, especially for "entertainment purposes."

I wish this story would end, and end for good, and never be brought up again.  Then, I want someone to contact a host of religious leaders -- priests, rabbis, shamen, you name it -- and perform an exorcism to rid the studio of whatever demons these two stories have unleashed, because if you ask me, they're precisely the reason why DAYS has been on the decline for over two decades.

• Members

Besides seeing ED back this revisit has been a waste of time. Nothing has happened!!  Carlivati is just mocking the original one. Is anyone really afraid of Mardevil? It's the comedy hour....It's something you'd see on the Carol Burnett Show...As The Stomach Turns.

• Members

I think all art is valid because it showcases different perspectives of an existence where everyone has different ideas about the world around them so the broader it is the more it allows for natural gravitation towards one energy or another.

That said, you're right.

Look how Ron conflates rape with seduction. Seems valid in his mind but wholly unhealthy and not something society should ever be confused about. Same with putting straight characters in situations where they're constantly held up as pieces of meat for lustful gay characters.

How is that helpful to society or entertaining at all? Sure, sexuality is broad and the world is more open but a character like Leo is counter-productive in my opinion.

On soaps, there's a range of behavior most societies would deem unacceptable but when you start confusing wrong action with societally acceptable it's a slippery slope.

In the end it comes down to taste, which Ron lacks. There's a tactful way to tell similar stories.

Personally, I think it would be fun from an entertainment perspective to have the devil jump into random characters once a decade or so. I know it's (arguably) not the right medium but it's baked in history and personally, I think it's fun to see different actors give different takes of the same "character."

That said, they could also never do this again and I'd be fine with it. This was so botched I think anything that might come after would be marred by negative thought association for this current "retelling."

Ron should be embarrassed.

Edited by KLN

• Members

The thing is, that the devil could've been an easy excuse to reconfigure the canvas and use the devil's influence as a tool to drive new plotlines and have people that you necessarily wouldn't expect in storylines together. I doubt it's over as of now, the devil hasn't done much. I guess he influenced Lucas to kidnap Sami? And the Jan thing, which might or might not have long-term consequences if she ends up pregnant. But most things the devil's done has been quickly wrapped and resolved within a week or so.

I think they should've gone all out on the Charlie/Ava thing. Have Charlie murder that mob guy, nobody believes Ava that it was Charlie and she goes to trial. Use some of that Peacock money to invest in a proper courtroom set so that we can get out of the police station.