Peacock Announces ‘Days of our Lives: A Very Salem Christmas’ Holiday Movie

Errol

• Members

Video within the arcticle.

https://etcanada.com/video/cfe628a4-5cf0-11ec-9275-0242ac110003/deidre-hall-on-days-of-our-lives-holiday-special-a-very-salem-christmas/

If you can't see the video on their site, there's a copy of the video on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/ETCanada/videos/331482955159675

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

John and Marlena want each other, but she's a widow, and he's married to Kristen in this alternate reality.

I wonder if the alternate reality is a mirror for what happened in "real Salem", when Marlena was married to Roman and John was a widower.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I'm saying she has no freaking idea what "good" writing is, only how much the writers at that moment are writing for her.  She LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED what JER wrote for her, for example, but most long-time DAYS fans that I know would agree that JER really dumbed down Marlena to the point of insanity.

I'm fine with her staying -- even though I think Marlena (along with most of DAYS' characters) has been damaged so badly that she'll never be taken seriously again -- and I'm fine with writers writing a lot for her, too.  I just wish someone over there would remember what she USED to be BITD and make an attempt to bring back that concept of Dr. Marlena Evans.