B&B Major Character Recast!

• Members

Krista is the same age as Denise Richards, 3 years younger than Rena Sofer, and 10 years younger than KKL so it will be interesting to see how she fits in, visually because she's going to look a lot younger than Thorsten Kaye in a way KKL does not. 

All to say, Krista has been working constantly, in a lot of B list projects with a few A list guest shots, for many years, so B&B is a soft landing for her. Tylo is either independently wealthy or totally insane to turn the show down. The relationship has seemed quite acrimonious for a while, but I've long wondered if she was tolerated, rather than valued, ever since she left to go to Melrose Place, sued Aaron Spelling, and returned immediately. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Krista has aged enough that I think the recast can work fine. I do think it's a shame they've lost several key actors in these big roles - Thorsten Kaye is just a different character altogether - but given the alternatives and the overall quality of the show, I can't be inclined to care much. So long as she never plays Billie Reed again.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Tylo is both lol but also loathes what the show has become. It’s probably for the best. 

1996 was a pretty traumatic year for B&B and both Tylo and KKL as they both left the show and both had their personal dramas that was beyond their control; certainly HT should not have been fired from Melrose Place the way she was, but it seemed that all those “Hunter Tylo contract negotiations crisis” headlines that ran later on 1999-2002 the show probably grew tired of the power plays and drama that’s why Taylor was killed off in 2002; I think Thudley wanted Taylor back but being the petty writer that’s why Taylor’s character was trashed overtime, similar to how Brooke was trashed following KKL’s own drama about almost leaving the show. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

I doubt most of the cast and crew want to work with Tylo, lol. I’m surprised this recast didn’t happen long ago - she was notorious apparently for holding up production and being a pain in the ass on that otherwise (mostly) tranquil set. It was tolerated for a loooog time allegedly. Brad Bell seems done with her for good this time.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

I had a soft spot for Krista as Billie - she had a very ugly story, while heavily pregnant no less, and somehow she made it work (when Billie was forcibly hooked on heroin). I can't see a lot of viewers accepting her as Taylor, and I'm not even really sure how she looks these days. Good luck to her. As someone who never had much use for Taylor, or thought her stories were ever that great (many of them were ludicrous), I can't be upset.