B&B Major Character Recast!

• Members

After the contractual hickups from 1999-2002 and Brad Bell's VERY harsh way to show Tylo the door in 2002 - by showing Taylor dead in a coffin for an entire episode - her guest stint in 2004 and the fulltime surprise return in 2005 with no more contract dispute afterwards made it seem like the fences had been mended. Then, Brad axed Taylor in 2013 (?) in a SUPER dumb move as Taylor was paired with Eric and one of the bright spots on the show. Tylo was bitter and only begrundingly returned in later years - until the babyswitch/shooting Bill year which gave her some meaty material and recurring stint which lasted almost 12 months. I thought that Tylo while very rusty at first did okay to very good (scenes with KKL) during her final stint. Too bad, for personal reasons or else Tylo no longer wants to come back to the show...

As for the recast: This will not work out well. PERIOD. Part of Taylor’s appeal was the long history and great chemistry with KKL. With Ridge already being recast it’s just not the same anymore if Taylor is also played by someone else. Especially for a group of characters like Brooke/Ridge/Taylor which has been onscreen for so long. Taylor is needed on the canvas but I don’t think that a recast - especially with Krista Allen who is sweet but unrecognizable - will do the trick.

Edited by sheilaforever

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My guess is that it will be  a TK as Ridge situation.
It will probably be a completely different version of the character simply also called "Taylor" and with the existing character relationship with the cast.
It may or may not work on its own terms - just not if we cling to the original version of the character but it might be fine if you stick to what's going on on the screen at this moment.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

New pic of Krista Allen, via EW. The EW photo caption says "credit CBS" so maybe this how she'll look as Taylor? Errol's article says she starts taping on Oct 28. She probably came into the set early for publicity photos.  (Unless that's an old CBS pic from an appearance on a different show).

• Members

I can't believe folks still think this character has credibility left with Hunter's over stuffed frozen face.  Her scenes were painful and hugely embarrassing.  Bold humiliates itself daily with the 3 minute romances, the triangle from beneath Hell and now Eric has gifted his wife a black buck of her very own.  How in the sam hell is recasting Taylor destruction compared to the trash currently playing out?  

• Members

Huge Hunter Tylo/Taylor fan...but I get the show must go on, especially if they reached out to Hunter and she declined. As with others I am okay with this casting choice. The younger age difference shouldn't be too hard to get past, although in scenes with Steffy she might pass more for her sister than her mother.

And will be curious to see if Krista and your man Thorsten have chemistry right?! 

...Watch out Brooke.

Edited by clubkidjeff

• Members

I love HT, but she passed, so that's that. 

As far as the age thing, please don't tell me that HT ever 'looked' her bio-age. Even with all her tweaks, she doesn't look 59. 

Rena Sofer is 52 and Darin Brooks is 37. And without being mean, they don't even look 15 years apart and it's never been an issue.