B&B Major Character Recast!

• Members

I loved her in HBO's 2005 series "Unscripted" where she played a heightened version of herself. She seems very humble and down-to-earth, which I always love in a person

Please register in order to view this content

I just tried to find Unscripted but it's not on HBOMax or any other streaming service I subscribe to. I could barely find anything on YT even. Here's one short scene with Krista that gives a good look into her "character"

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

#taste 

That said...perhaps I am remembering this wrong or prehaps it is the fact that the writing was better than, but I felt like just in the case of ED's Kristen, that Billie's turn was a gradual thing which is why I could get behind Krista's take. Because at first she was not scrappy in the same way as LR's Billie, but still had the core of what Billie was...a good person at heart that did what she had to to survive. And it was not until after the King drugging storyline that Billie got tired of being a victim and started to fight back. And thus, the scheming begin.

• Members

That's the way I remember it too but even when she was scheming, it was coming as whiny rather than take-charge like when Kate does it.
And to me at the time it also read as the writers writing the character all over the place as a prop to the main show - Bo/Hope - rather than a real thought-out character "evolution". 
But because I like to read more into storylines than what is explicitly shown, I remember interpreting to myself the scheming - as encouraged by Kate - as a way for Billie to try and connect with her mother. Before it started there were quite a few scenes where they had carried over the reluctance LR's Billie had to accept Kate and the scheming is when they started to get along.
So I choose to read it through that prism and forget the rest

• Members

Yeah I think in hindsight I might feel differently in direction and see Billie as an obvious prop/spoiler between Bo and Hope and she probably would seem whiny to me too, but she got good moments. Granted, no one takes charge like Kate though so...

Yeah, I could see that, too, re: Kate and Billie bonding over scheming. 

• 2 weeks later...