Y&R August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Y&R really is worse than it ever has been. It's not even just a trashy, annoying thing where every character is awful but you can still watch it if you hate yourself... it's just pointless and boring. It makes Sally's "boring" Y&R seem like a daily cliffhanger fest.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, this show feels half-assed and bloodless. And kinda hokey and corny. But the ratings haven’t completely collapsed, so that must be somewhat validating unfortunately. I do see a lot of annoyance with the show, myself included, but nothing that suggests anything will change. 

I dunno. I would really love to be a fly on the wall in Josh’s meetings with execs about the show.

When was the last time any of these shows made a big EP/HW shift? Was it Josh and Tony? Things feel pretty settled right now. 

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Seriously, who hates Melody Thomas Scott behind the scenes? Nikki just goes around issuing idle threats to people (like just now with Sally, recently with Adam), pouring tea for Faith, tsk-tsking Victor, and doling out love advice to Victoria.

I guess she’s no different than others in the cast. Like what does Nick even do these days? Or Devon?

Not sure about Sally and Adam’s first big chat. They would appear to have similar vibes, but the show feels so stiff…

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

A lot of people actually... 

I don't mind Morrow's acting as much as I once did - probably because he has so little to do that he can afford to be low-acting.

But this is why I was mad they gave us another run of Phick. Sorry but there is no magic anymore here. I know those two love working together but their scenes bring out the worst in each other. Compare how interesting Stafford can be with Bergman (and I don't even like Phyllis/Jack that much but their scenes are so much more interesting).
I really want them to explore Nick with someone else. Anyone else. Not Sharon, not Chelsea, not Phyllis. Someone new. Amanda was my idea but I am open to Sally. 
Nick is one character that REALLY needs a circuit-breaker.

• Members

They had a perfect opportunity to add some conflict when Phyllis went on her rampage. Make Jack a little suspicious of Tara and have the two of them team up to discredit her, while Nick is against Phyllis interfering.

Instead he just stood around meekly agreeing while Phyllis was like Godzilla destroying Tokyo.