• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So a well-written soap would take this opportunity to shift the show away from its claustrophobic focus on the Newman and Abbott families, by bringing in more young characters who have connections to other parts of the show's rich history (e.g. Fenmore). God only knows what Y&R will do. 

• Members

Sally/Jack/Tara triangle? I shudder at the thought.

This show is such a mess. And yes they should try and rebuild the 30-and-under scene, but any characters they’d bring in would be so bland… 

I wonder if they’d try an emergency recast for Kyle, especially as it seems odd he’d leave town without Harrison. Not that recasting Chance is going so swimmingly….

• Members

Michael Mealor's exit has been long speculated since he unfollowed most accounts on social media (per online reporting), so it would not surprise me if he exited.

Guess Anthony Morina and Josh Griffith don't have as tight of a hold on things as they continue to tell people they do.

• Members

The show desperately needs to expand beyond the Abbotts and especially the Newmans. They've intermarried so many times at this point. Plus, I think another downfall is that the show is basically about the "haves and the haves". Everyone, except maybe Sally, is rich. There are no real contrasting characters. Think of how the show was created with the Foster family...later the Williams family. You need characters that are more relatable and also the social climbers (like Jill was).

• Members

This is so true. They really did fail them due to clunky boring writing. There's no direction, no real plan. It's so obvious. 

Lola had potential but they were too afraid to make her a schemer/bitch. Calle would have nailed it. And Tara is such a wet dishrag. My goodness. What terrible casting.

Honestly, the Rosales were missed potential. I feel like they wanted a Hallmark movie with them but in reality, Rey should have been Lola's father after having sex with Celeste (who would have been his step-mother, of course LOL). It writes itself. We'd care. But Lola was forced down our throats and Calle was wasted.

The Rosales had potential. And people seem interested in Amanda's clan but they get once a week airtime in some weird How to Get Away with Murder homage.

Poor writing and a lack of direction/plan is the problem with this show. Well, one of them.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

The Rosales family were really mishandled; I can't recall if Lola or Rey came first (after Arturo), but then everyone came like a bad outta Hell, and it was a bit too rapid for my liking.

The moment Josh Griffith took reigns from Mal Young as head writer he dismantled the family to [almost] nothing, and it was disappointing.

Mia being a vixen around Genoa City, to me, was intriguing and she spiced things up, especially her flirting with Jack Abbott and working with Phyllis at Jabot.

• Members

They were missed potential.  Lola was written with such a boring personality.  If they had written her as less of a loner and a Debbie Downer...  I don't know she just lacked spark.  It's a shame they paired up Arturo with Abby.  The dalliance with Nikki leading to being a kept man until Mia arrived (shades of his father's behavior) after Rey and then all the fallout with Nikki going toe to toe with Mia... that might have been much better.  (I see extensions flying!)

As for Tara, she's too bland, even when she's pulling crap, she looks like she's not engaged.  Maybe it's Leiner's take, but the writing is so boring it's hard to care about anything to do with the character.

The younger set needs some life.  Bring in Fenmore to stir things up, Reed, and a recast Coco  Spectra, now a gold digger for a twenties set, and how about Lucy to stir up the teen set?