Y&R february sweeps

• Members

Abby/Chance/Mariah/Tessa:

"As Abby and Chance move forward with their surrogacy plans, Mariah will start to second-guess her agreeing to be their surrogate, fearing the decision may affect her relationship with Tessa."

Summer/Kyle/Jack/Sally:

"Jack's growing bond with Sally will raise the eyebrows of those around them. Meanwhile, a secret about Kyle will fall into Sally's lap, which she may use to her advantage against the couple. Lucky for Summer, she has a formidable resource at her. Phyllis, who is more than happy to take on Sally Spectra."

Sharon/Rey/Chelsea/Adam:

"Adam and Sharon's bond will be exposed in a very public way and set the stage for a dangerous turn of events for Chelsea and Rey. Meanwhile, Chloe will see herself getting through to Chelsea and will stop at nothing to protect her friend."

Nick/Sharon/Faith/Nikki:

"Nick and Sharon will be challenged as parents when Faith's behavior takes a turn for the worse. Faith has not fully recovered from the trauma of Sharon's cancer and being bullied. Faith will be very resistant to help until Nikki steps in to take control. Nikki and Sharon will put their differences aside to help Faith."

Adam/Victor:

"Victor will continue to work on his relationship with Adam. He will use the new year as an opportunity to build his empire and bring Adam into the fold. Victor's efforts to bond with Adam will ignite the infamous sibling rivalry of the Newman kids."

Victoria/Billy/Lily:

"Victoria will struggle with Billy and Lily's growing relationship. Expect major conflict when Billy decides to introduce Lily to the kids as his new significant other."

Devon/Elena: "Although Devon and Elena made the decision to keep their night together a secret, they will find it will be easier said than done to move on with their new partners and deny their chemistry. If the secret is revealed, it will be a game changer for all involved."

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Even the things I've interested in off that list sound meh. lol.

I hope (for me it's the Faith stuff and what is going on with Devon/Elena) plays better than it sounds.

And I hope Phyllis is thrown into the young'uns storyline as a last resort. Let 2018 Summer come out and play with Bad Sally.

• Members

I'm baffled that even in a sweeps month, Y&R is still continuing this same sort of low-stakes, sleepytime storytelling. I do think some of this stuff might work if the characters were a little more likeable, and the actors were warmer. (I could imagine a storyline like "Billy introduces Lily as his new girlfriend, and conflicts ensue" would work just fine on a primetime family drama like Gilmore Girls or This Is Us). 

Another viable avenue would be to go back to the show's roots and emphasize how these people are all very rich and very unhappy--and how the two conditions are intimately related. That's what the show did in its early portrayal of Kay Chancellor, lonely alcoholic wife of a millionaire industrialist. But that would require a particular point of view that the show seems reluctant to present. 

So instead, they just end up in this uncanny valley where the characters are largely boring and cold and have endless mundane conversations about business and careers. If I hadn't watched back in the 1980s and 1990s, when I formed emotional connections to characters like Jill, Paul, Nina, and Lauren, I'd find it impossible to care about any of these people. 

• Members

These are about the only two stories that I have any slight of interest for on Y&R at all and I am quite sure the show will find a way to ruin that. The rest of the show is trash.

The surrogacy story is a repeat of that wretched Lily & Mac story back in 2010. 

Exactly like B&B it is all recycled month to month. There is absolutely no progress or development at all.

• Members

It’s like Josh conveniently ignores history prior to 2008. 

Honestly, I think someone just said let’s bring her over to Y&R without much thought to how she would fit in. I would say, if this was Y&R about 10 years, she would be fine. In this current version she doesn’t fit in.  She feels like a better fit on GH

• Members

I could somehow get on board the surrogacy story. Infertility is a reality for many of us. But there's no care or attention to any detail here.

What about Chance and Abby going to doctors? Learning what different options are available? Maybe they meet with possible adoption agencies?

And why not build up to Mariah's decision -- discussions about how it'll affect her body, how about how she'll feel about letting the baby go after carrying for nine months?

And when did Abby and Mariah become BFFs? Another insta-friendship. 

• Members

Spoiler I saw on Twitter surrounding the Abby/Chance/Mariah surrogacy storyline.  

Please register in order to view this content

It seem like if this was a year ago, Lola would've been the choice to carry the baby. Now Lola is non-existent and might as well leave.