Days: A Horton Returns

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I quit when Ron C. took over, and I don't regret it one iota.

Laura makes three still viable Horton family members sacrificed by  I-ron-y Carlivati.  The biggest mistake was David,  but killing Laura after proving she's still viable  (from what I've read here) is just ASS. plain and simple.  

• Members

I could've sworn David was Dena's fault. But I agree either way, it's just stupid. What's the point of bringing her back after YEARS just long enough to make fans see what she could bring to the show again, just to off her a couple of weeks in? It's incredibly lazy, and creatively bankrupt. There are some sacred cows you just don't shoot.

• Members

Mea culpa. I hadn't seen the cemetery spoiler, and I didn't believe that Ron would make such a big blunder as actually killing Laura off. Up to this point, he's been pretty smart about how he's told the Gwen story, and I'm still enjoying the show a lot overall. But this is a huge mistake, especially since he could have told virtually the same story if Gwen had just accidentally shoved Laura and put her into a coma.

I'm genuinely sad that we won't get any more Jamie Lyn Bauer scenes, because she had good family chemistry with Marci Miller and Cady McClain. And Laura's the kind of loopy character that Ron is usually got at writing, which makes me all the more surprised that he suddenly offed her. Feh, sweeps!

• Members

I hate they killed off Laura.  Having Laura around and her involvement in keeping Gwen a secret could add so much to the show. Imagine how her relationship would end up rocky with Jennifer and Abigail??  Would they revisit her past with Jack?? So much wasted potential here killing off the character of Laura Horton.