GH November 2020 Discussion

• Members

Alex is so much fun this time around.  I bet Finola had fun.  Kristen Storms can still play the quips, but she is barely doing anything else.  She’s hardly even moving in these scenes.

Peter and Chase standing on that huge empty hospital set is just strange.  I know it’s safer this way but maybe stage the shots so we can’t see all that empty space behind them.

I really wish Dev was just trying to come between Cameron and Joss, but for Cameron’s sake.  I would kill for a devious gay/bi person in one of these triangles.  I totally get the fear of having representation that is viewed in a negative light when there are so few lgbtq+ stories and characters on daytime.  But they

could always just redeem him after like the many soap vixens that came before him.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I haven't watched the last two days yet. 

I wish they'd make a decision about Dev. I liked him simply stirring things up but that can only go so far.

Maxie has been useless for years and years now.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Today's show is already Zzzzzzzzzzzz. 

Willow and Michael are a huge NO. Make it stop! lol. They're trying way too hard. Meanwhile, the 'couple' they aren't forcing ...

I like Chase and Brook. 

Hopefully Jax and Carly's whisper sessions cause Nina to become interesting again and go postal on them.

Sasha still feels like dead woman walking, and honestly, so does Willow. It's only a matter of when.

And I didn't comment on the last two episodes but I really enjoyed Laura's return and Genie Francis was well rested and ready to go! lol. Laura was giving me life. More of this Laura!

Edited by KMan101

• Members

SIGH. I'd rather watch Olivia and Leo and Wiley's tomato sauce fight than Willow and Michael. I find it ironic they're as dull as watching paint dry and they're ... painting.

Please register in order to view this content

I love Amanda Setton but can we keep Briana Lane as Brook Lynn? I really like her with Swickard/Chase.

And this show needs to not tease me with a Franco death. It's time. Fire Howarth and move on. Of course we'd just get Todd Manning and Liz falling for him because of his familiar face. I sound like Carlivati ...

• Members

I hate that they're writing Michael as a crushy teenager with no confidence. He, as a character should be a lot stronger than that.

And yeah, I'm loving the chemistry between Chase and Brook Lynn too. All the writers need to do is keep them on the same path that they're on right now. I'm hoping so much that we don't get the "BL is pregnant by Valentin, Chase says he's the father" storyline. Not only is it played out and annoying, it's not necessary in this case.

And I still got my fingers crossed for Franco's death/RH's firing, even though we all know it would be a miracle if that happens lol. It's time to reunite Liz with Lucky, even if it is with a recast. 

• Members

Theresa Carter, and she's dead. Pretty sure Guza ended up retconning that into Scott having killed her, not Laura.

GH moving Trina - one of the only vibrant teen players - away from Cam to pair him with the boring white girl/Starr Manning Substitute #8 (Joss) is another reason I can't bother with this piece of shít show. It's been all but dead to me since 2013. It's so behind the times and it has no interest in evolving.

Alex was a heroine on AMC, but a very boring one which is why they eventually brought Anna in. Allegedly, Alex was originally intended to be Anna brainwashed into a new identity, but either the network or Finola vetoed that and they came up with the convoluted backstory for Alex instead, in which she was her own person who their evil mother had brainwashed into operating as Anna in the underworld. But Alex herself was a dud character beyond her chemistry with Michael Nader/Dimitri, so they brought Anna on and wrote Alex out with Dimitri after Nader got fired. And when Dimitri and Nader returned to Pine Valley in 2013, his first scene had him tell Brooke he and Alex had divorced.

Alex was a (lame) heroine, but she had a long history of mental illness and brainwashing to operate as a baddie due to her mother's machinations; she'd been in a sanitarium, I believe. It is not a stretch at all for me to believe Alex had reverted to supervillainy given her background. What annoys me is that GH has never, ever discussed it even in a single line of dialogue which could've taken care of it. They just brought her in and said "here's Alex, Anna's evil twin". It takes ten seconds!

Edited by Vee

• Members

I don’t think it was Finola.  I’ve heard her on podcasts and in other comments say she did not feel like she did good work in the dual roles, that she wasn’t capable of doing enough to make them seem like two different people, especially when she could see David Canary doing it so much better.  I think she even said the only way you could tell them apart was by their hairstyles lol.  She was relieved when they wrote Alex out.

I wonder if it was easier now since they really played up Alex being more unhinged.

Michael Nader as Dimitri was so good on AMC that I just kept watching even when they made the story such a mess.