Y&R September 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was on a call and had the TV on mute I had been watching the news. When my call was over I took the TV off mute and Y&R was on. Before I changed the channel I watched for a minute and Phyllis and Nick were talking about being back together again and how things would be different this time, and they were in the Park.  I was like  - what is the point of this? Change channel to re-run of The Real.  I don't understand why they didn't do anything about this.  The show was a disaster long before COVID.  I saw comments under the ratings article and I'm shocked...so many people are saying how all the soaps are stabilizing and GREAT week for XXX show!  I'm like what?  Are you on CRACK?  GH and DAYS are below cancellation numbers for every show that's ever aired.  And yes, I know "things are different today".  The demos are terrible for all 4 and so are the households.

• Members

It's funny, even with playing a poorly developed and boring character with Amanda, Mishael Morgan and Bryton still have more chemistry than he does with his real life girlfriend Brytni Sarpy. 

Mishael really did a lot to get this show to even think about Bryton/Devon as a sexual being. Before her, he was written as the most asexual thing ever on this show. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

I watched some scenes with this new story because I wanted to know what all the arguing was about on twitter. 

Bryton and Mishael still look so good together onscreen and have the same excellent chemistry even with COVID protocols. She most definitely made Devon into a more romantic character.  

• Members

Did someone say Bryan Dattilo? lol.

But yes, he really did take a page from that playbook and it showed. And then with the right leading lady...it was kismet.

That was what I liked about Hillary. She was fire (passion) to his ice (calmed steeled strength). They were perfect.

If I wanted to see something happen with Amanda. I would think they would flip the script and have MM as the calm strength...which being a lawyer would make sense while it's Devon that is bringing the fire and passion and have them together. She makes him alive in a different, but Hillary-ish way, but he gets her to loosen up. 

And then you have Elena worried due to her resemblance to Hillary and the fact she is fighting for her man against a 'ghost.' Realistic to deal with with a doppelganger in their faces. 

That is...if Amanda will never be Hillary of course.

Please register in order to view this content