Y&R September 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don’t watch now but is Mariah doing GCBuzz now and is the GCAthletic club still there?  Weren’t people living there?  Wasn’t Phyllis living there?  

And the Athletic club was so stupid because they all have pools and gyms at home.  Yet they’d go to the gym  and pool somewhere else.  

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

GC Buzz thankfully has been dropped (one of the worst ideas in recent years and that's saying something)

Once Society came along the Athletic Club vanished - seems GC residents are quite fickle.

I guess GCAC was dropped because the set took up too much space and they now want as many permanent sets in place to save on erecting/dismantling as was done in the good old days.

• Members

The Adam story is beyond dumb. Is he staying in the same hotel room Billy did with his DID? LOL! 

How long is Noah staying for? I swear the show just telegraphed Noah & Lola as a couple just to continue Summer vs. Lola. Yikes!

Poor Sharon. I hate they’re writing her this way. She’s still sick and yet is about to open her legs again for Adam. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

The show that had Nick & Rey talking to each other about Sharon from two different booths mentioned COVID-19 social distancing in bare minimum passing but they didn’t dwell on it further. It would be more interesting to weave in the underlying conditions part for Sharon & Nikki of course the show’s TPTB are too stupid to even address that. 

• Members

I like Sharon and Adam together. There’s chemistry, which she doesn’t have with Rey and he doesn’t have with Chelsea.

As far as Sharon opening her legs for Adam, it’s her life and her business. She’s a grown woman, and Adam isn’t forcing her to dwell on his problems or to do anything.

Lola and Noah might work. That short scene had some chemistry, and I’d like to see Robert Adamson back full time as Noah. Lola and Theo are not working at all. She’s pissed at him every 10 minutes, and the writers are doing Lola no favors.

Addressing COVID on the show? No thanks. I don’t want to see it. They’d have to make it a big deal for every character in order to do it justice, and I don’t want the show turning into The COVID-19 Hour.

• Members

I do not particularly care about Adam and Sharon, but Chelsea is the most boring and pointless character on this show next to Mariah's girlfriend and maybe Lola or Amanda. She has never had a reason to be here. Chloe better be gone too.

• Members

The pandemic might be forcing the writers' hands. With Sharon and Josh a real life couple, they probably figure at least it will allow them to have closer scenes on the show. At least there's significant history with the characters. It sucks for Ray, who is a good guy and deserves better.

It sure would be nice for Robert Adamson to stick around for awhile. Noah's certainly more mature than his father.

• Members

I don’t know for sure, and my eyesight isn’t as good as it used to be, but it appeared to me the scenes were in the motel room were shot weirdly. It seems like they were using some trickery to make Sharon and Adam appear closer than they actually were. I even felt like Chance’s hands had some odd effects when he moved them.

EDIT: I had no idea Sharon and Mark were together, as I don’t follow them on social media. Perhaps my eyes were indeed deceiving me. 
https://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-and-the-restless/news/570418/young-restless-sharon-case-mark-grossman-couple/

Edited by Faulkner