Y&R September 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Just about all of this was resolved when Hartley was in then role but I guess JG was so obsessed with dialing it back to 2013 he just overlooked it. The Kansas retcon was completely unnecessary and shows the inability of the writing staff to tell a new story for once. No wonder Y&R’s main pages have such negativity in the comment sections since returning.

• Members

I finally caught up on the show last week.

The Adam and the Adam  needs to move on.

Dear Josh Griffith:

No one was clamoring for insecure whiner Chelsea to return.  No one.  No one.

It took close to a year to make Sharon a viable character again after the bunch of you (writers) ruined her, and now you have her  constantly back in Adam's orbit. Please stop.

Lola gets a piece of ass and suddenly is more insufferable than when Kyle pursued her. The character has been a wash since her creation.  Why is she never actually cooking?  Just pouting. and whining. and complaining...  I guess Theo didn't scratch the itch......

The pre- shutdown work around the Sharon story was solid. Her support system of Nick, Rey, Faith and Mariah worked, as did the scenes with Jack, Nikki, Summer even Phyllis.  Then it just breaks down to Adam.  I wasn't a fan of Rey, but I've come around a bit.

They should invest in Maria DeDomenico.  The Alyssa character and the actress fill a gap the show has needed to fill-- A person from a middle-class  (not rich), a reporter/investigator.  Plus I think the actress is actually good.

For all the new folks here that dislike Summer as played by Hunter King...  thank Puhney Muhney for the fact that the show won't be letting her go.  If he could have kept his hands and mouth in line, she would have been out for good when she left.  I don't know why these shows insist on marrying off their twenty-something characters like it's a race.

I thought we were finally rid of Tessa, but no.....Jeez, does Mariah have to suck a "D" to make her leave... And who is Cait Fairbanks banging to keep her job?

The Nate-Amanda-Devon-Elena quad has potential.  It's funny that aside from Jared (Michael MacLane) no patients can speak.  Is there a no talking sign in the lobby?  Obviously they can't afford to pay for patients to have lines.  

I do like Amanda's interactions around the canvas...  ChanceCom, the Clinic helping with Jared, her friendship with Phallus.  She should have been brought back as Hillary, but I'll take Mishael any way I can.

The Abbotts seem like an afterthought---  appearances every few days.  I'd rather see them than more of "The Newman Show."   I loved the Jack-Jill scenes.  I think the Traci working in town can only help the canvas.  Beth Maitland's scenes with Christel are always wonderful. Find a way to keep ED around-- hire a co-head writer with talent.

Don't give two f*cks about MTS wearing a wig.  Can't blame anyone for wanting less up-close interactions-- or whatever reason.  

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

The Abbotts have been slowly killed or written off since LML/MAB which is the shame because the characters are definitely better Nick, Victoria (since 2005), and Adam. And yes, if I was watching, I would prefer to watch PB,ED, BM than what the Newmans are offering. 
I don’t care for Summer and Kyle. I find the characters and their portrayers to be mediocre from the bits I’ve seen of them.  They should marry and write them off the until the show is canceled.