YR actress returning full time?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I love Brenda Epperson too and she's my "original" Ashley based on when I started watching, but it just feels wrong to recast when the character isn't in a frontburner storyline and the Emmy winning, original actor is still appearing on the show. I mean, it's not like they'd actually give Ashley a good storyline, because they aren't giving anyone a good storyline... so I'd rather just have Eileen appear once in a while for old time's sake. 

Always thought Brenda would be perfect for Kristen on B&B.

• Members

I can definitely agree with your point and where you're coming from. EDIT: And while fans do love Brenda as Ashley, I can see how it would look 'wrong' to recast. Even if Eileen doesn't seem to care lol

100% Brenda would be perfect for Kristen! I've always thought that too.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I don’t think it would look wrong, only because Eileen said she wants and expects them to recast. She said she’s absolutely not returning full time ever. The character is still valuable. But I do agree the idea of Brenda as Kristen is good, but they’ll never invest so I’d settle for drive bys from Tracy Melchior. The Forrester daughter who really needs to return is Felicia. 

• Members

She's stated in the past that she simply doesn't want to work full-time at any show. The long hours plus the long commute equals too much time away from family.

by the way, Lynda Hirsch issued a correction.

"A girl can dream, can't she? I was so thrilled that Eileen Davidson (Ashley) was headed back to "The Young and the Restless." I had her returning for long run. Davidson let me know her stay is for a finite stay. Too bad. The actress and the character always bring a touch of class to the show. For now, we will take what we can get."
https://www.creators.com/read/lynda-hirsch-on-soaps/09/20/lynda-hirsch-on-television-gossip-48319

Edited by janea4old