YR actress returning full time?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's not that Eileen's Ashley is a chemistry killer; it's that, as Sally Sussman boldly pointed out in her last run in an actual interview, Eileen-as-Ashley is such a unique force onscreen that it is almost impossible to find a man able to go toe to toe with her and make the pairing feel legitimate - her strongest male pairings are opposite her own bloodline. Sussman supposedly had a plan for that but it never materialized, or if it did (Graham?) people didn't like it. I think she had intended the whole Ravi thing to just be a palate cleanser for Ashley to usher in someone more permanent, but I liked them together period. Sue me.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Yeah, Graham would have been a great choice and they definitely had some hate chemistry. But alas.

And I liked her with Ravi as well. It was good to see Ashley explored in different ways period.

Other than that given the male partners over the last decade...Ashley had good chemistry with Terrible Tom as well. 

• Members

Over the last twelve years or so, Y&R has had the bad habit of creating the circumstances for great chemistry between the wrong characters. Camry Grimes has had the most chemistry with her onscreen brother, Robert Adamson and Michael Graziadei, (beside her onscreen mom and would-be stepdad) an actor who really has no intention of returning full time to the show, so I've read. I remember the chemistry that Christel and Bryton had before the show made them foster-siblings. Also, the most engaged Doug Davidson seemed to be in, I don't know how long, was when he was running after his sister Party. It's almost like Y&R does this on purpose because they don't truly want to commit to writing for these characters.